Chapter 4: Give 'em Hell

I sighed as the list was posted for the first matches of the try outs.

The one that caught my eye for my team:

Shizuka vs Kojuku

Kojuku, huh? I heard they traveled all over America. Impressive.

Everyone expects us to lose, don't they?

They're sadly mistaken. Since we're a new team, it's only natural for them to think it. But they haven't seen our skills yet, have they?

In each tryout tournament, every team is there watching so they can gather information and learn about the other teams. A pretty simple concept, really. It's not as if when your team loses, your out for good. It's just so the main people can see your skills and if you're qualified for the actual competition.

"Kuro-chan!" Ogiwara's voice yelled aloud, breaking me out of my train of thought. "I said let's go, Kuro-chan! Nitaro and Ryoku invited our team to join them for lunch!" He said with a laugh.

He pulled my hand, leading me to the large cafeteria area.

.....  

"So..." Kise's (rather annoying) voice broke through the awkward silence of us all.

We all sat at a large table: Us, the old Seirin, and new GoM.

"H-How's your new school, Tet-chan?" Momoi asked, trying to break the tension.

I smiled softly at her.

"Ah, it's doing quite well, Momoi-san." I wasn't very mad at Momoi. I mean, she wasn't the one who said all of those...things.

Momoi nodded with smile back and the others relaxed, most likely thinking I was fine with them all.

Like hell I was.

The food came and my team cheered aloud like idiots. Ryosai stabbed his dagger into the steak and ate it like a shish kabob. Kotoru rolled his eyes at him and Suka tapped his shoulder. He turned to see Suka holding out a fork with chicken on it. Kotoru instantly blushed lightly and ate it. Idaya ate wildly everything he saw while Toru was the opposite, eating more politely. Keiji was feeding the pouting Keika while Risa was gulping down some grape juice.

Mayuzumi snickered.

"Dumbasses."

The other teams' eyes widened at Mayuzumi's comment.

Ogiwara smacked him over the head.

"That's not nice, Mayu-chan!" He scolded.

Mayuzumi hissed at him.

"You wanna go?!" He scowled.

Ogiwara held his hands up and quickly shook his head, but Mayuzumi already had his fists up and ready.

I sent the two a glare.

"Ahem." I had a cough and the two instantly put their hands behind their backs and looked away with a whistle.

Riko gulped and smiled at me.