Chapter 6: Enemies or...?

Hmph. I remember back in middle school when I would have sleepovers with the Generation of Miracles. It was...fun.

I sat down on one of the benches in he middle of the empty halls of the tournament building. We were waiting for our bus to get us. I told the others to go on ahead of me and get me when it arrived.

I gazed up silently at the grey ceiling with sigh. I don't know why, but after seeing them again...

It's just so weird.

For all of these three years, all I've felt for them is hatred, fury, and disgust at them. I couldn't even stand to hear their names of think about them. Then, when I first saw hem, all new emotions surged as well with. But thinking of all of this...

What now?

I feel like I've been released into a whole new atmosphere, and I can't even tell if it's a good one or not. My chest hurt, like if was construction inwards. Like someone was holding my heart and squeezing it tightly;
I didn't like it.

"Kuro-chan! Kuro-chan!" Ogiwara's voice surfaced, snapping me out of my deeper thoughts. I glanced back up, staring at my friend since childhood. "The bus is here, Kuro-chan." He smiled sweetly at me, holding out his hand.

I shook my head. I shouldn't be thinking about this now.

"Yeah, thanks," I muttered in a softer tone, taking his hand and standing.

"Hey, Kuro-chan, are you alright?" Ogiwara suddenly asked in a more concerned tone, staring back at me. His hand gripped mine tighter in worry. I met his eyes, giving a small smile.

"...I'm fine, Ogi-kun."

I could tell he wasn't entirely convinced, not like it was the best excuse ever given. "...Alright then. Just..." He gazed back. "Don't push yourself," He mumbled before we were ended with silence, us both going to he bus with the others, nothing else spoken.

.....

"Alright, guys, behave yourselves," I warned as we entered the restaurant. It was quite a fancy one, not too formal, but I'm assuming it was Akashi's choice of dining for them all. I remember still how absolute he always had called himself.

"Tetsu-kun!" Momoi greeted happily from her seat. It was a private room, many smaller circular tables in. I was seated in the center table directly beside...

Well what do you know?

I was sat right beside the 'emperor' himself, Akashi Seijuuro. Not only that, but across from me would be none other than Kagami Taiga. I gazed around.

It was me, Akashi, Kagami, and the rest of the GoM at one table in the center. Meanwhile, all of the other teammates of Shizuka, Ryoku, and Nitaro were all dispersed and randomly spread across with each other and Ogiwara and Mayuzumi. Suka, Risa, Momoi, and Riko all sat together at one table as well.

I kept my face emotionless now, just as I did all those years ago. If you couldn't tell, my expressions have evolved rather significantly up to now, though I can still keep a somewhat blank face if needed.

Akashi turned to me, everyone else at our table silent.

Kagami and Aomine were looking away awkwardly, though you could see the remorse in their eyes. Kise was looking down like a typical sad puppy while Midorima looked as if someone had died. Murasakibara left his snacks unattended to, all quiet.

Finally, Akashi spoke, breaking the ice.

"Tetsuya." His voice seemed to reverberate throughout the entire room. It wasn't as icy cold as I had first thought it would be. It was very...odd. I couldn't quite place it

"...Akashi," I acknowledged.

Damn. I was hesitant.

"It's been quite awhile, Tetsuya." He glanced around the room. "You've made quite a team. I'm impressed."

I frowned.

"What? Did you all expect for me to go to a team that 'sucks' as much as I did?"

Akashi's eyes widened slightly.

"Tetsuya." The corners of his lips turned to a frown, gazing back with a strange look. If it wasn't Akashi, I would've almost mistaken it for...sorrowful, as did the others at our table.

"K-Kurokocchi..." Kise then spoke up. "Please listen! W-We—"

"We're sorry for everything we've said and done," They all chorused together. Their faces showed true remorse and honesty.

My frown deepened. Dammit. My chest was hurting again.

My fists clenched on my lap. Akashi moved, his cool hand moving over mine.

Tetsuya," He said my name for about the fifth time since coming here. "I—We have all missed you. We know we've hurt you since back then, but—"

"Forget it," I interrupted, this time in a more icier tone. I politely moved Akashi's hand off of mine, looking away as the food came.

Silence.

What's wrong with me? I don't even know what I'm feeling anymore. Ever since we've all 'reunited', I should still be burning with the passion of hate for them. Just yesterday, I was ready to get my revenge after our match and seeing their stunned faces. Why am I so unsure now?

The empty plates were set down, food for the taking set in the center.

My fists clenched tighter, my teeth gritting as I gazed down at my lap.

Why?

Why was my vision getting blurrier now?

Why was my head getting dizzier?

Just...why?

Why does my heart hurt so?

My eyes widened as wet droplets fell onto my lap.

A warm voice was heard, filled with true concern and feeling.

"Tetsuya."

Why was I hesitating? These were our enemies.

My enemies.

I don't get it.

Enemies, right?

Why did I somehow doubt myself?

Enemies or...?