Stop!

Please read my new book: once upon a friendship & the love square. I would really appreciate it!

"Uh, Ladybug?" he asked uncertainly. "What's that in your hair?"

"My hair?" she asked, turning back to him. Her hand shot up to her head and felt about.

"Yeah," Chat told her, keeping a cautious eye on her. Surely Ladybug, of all people, couldn't be possessed by an akuma. ... Right? "It looks kind of white."

"Oh gosh," Ladybug said suddenly, shaking her head. "Don't worry, it's probably just flour."

Adrien frowned in confusion. "... flour?"

"Yeah, see?" She turned so that he could see the back of her head again. In the dim light of the street lamps all he could make out was the pale shape against her dark hair. Now that she was still, he could see that her dark hair was smudged white just near her hairband. But then she lifted a hand and brushed at it a few times, scattering dust—flour, he supposed—and leaving a much fainter smudge behind.

"I had it on my hands and must have accidentally touched my head," she told him with a shrug.

"Oh," he replied rather lamely. That was ... surprisingly endearing. Ladybug frowned at him.

"Stop," she said, starting to walk again.

"Stop what?" he asked, hurrying after her.

"That goofy grin you've got on," she told him pointedly. "I am not going to stand here while you tease me about this."

Chat put on his most hurt expression, throwing a hand over his heart. "Tease you? My Lady, you wound me."

"Yeah, yeah." She side-eyed him, obviously not believing him.

Adrien made his wounded frown even more exaggerated. "But My Lady, it's true! Shall I compare thee to a baker's treat? Thou art far sweeter than even chocolate."

"Chat," she said warningly, though the corner of her mouth quirked up into a smile.

He took that as a sign to continue. "To crumbs do break fair cookies and fine sweets, and fresh cake's lease hath all too short a date—"

"Chat," she said exasperatedly, cutting him off even as she laughed. "Enough!"

The end of another Chappie. Comment if you have ideas and comment if you like this story. Hope to get many reads. Fingers crossed.
Until next time!