Just a coincidence

Hi guys I just thought I would inform you about my completed book "the love square" and my new book "once upon a friendship" I would really appreciate it thanks guys for getting me to 5K that's amazing!!
"Morning," Adrien said sleepily, waving to Nino and Alya. Marinette shifted in her seat, groggily picking up her head to wave at him, a white smudge smeared across her cheek.

Adrien froze on the spot, staring at the conspicuous spot on her face.

"What's wrong?" Marinette asked worriedly, shoulders inching up as she looked at him.

"Oh," Adrien replied dumbly, kicking his brain back into gear. "Nothing. You've just got a little something on your face." It was nothing, he assured himself. Marinette probably got a smudge of makeup on her face accidentally. She was prone to do something cute like that, after all.

Marinette made a disgusted sound in the back of her throat, swiping at her cheeks with the back of her hand. "Oh man," she whined, glancing at Alya. "I'm telling you, this flour gets everywhere."

Adrien tripped on the step up to his desk, barely managing to stop himself from tumbling to the ground. Not makeup, apparently.

"You okay, man?" Nino asked, quirking an eyebrow at him. Adrien waved him off as he tried to get control of his hammering heart.

A coincidence, he assured himself, taking a deep breath. It's just a coincidence.

"How many hours have you clocked in the kitchen now?" Alya asked Marinette behind him. Adrien did his best to pretend like he wasn't hanging onto every word as he took his notebook out of his bookbag.

"At this point, I don't even know," Marinette groaned. "It's just going to get worse the closer we get to Christmas."

"What is?" Nino asked, turning around to face the girls. Adrien carefully turned around as well, feigning limited interest.

"My dad's bakery," Marinette explained, shaking her head. "Every year he gets flooded with orders around the holidays, and it's the worst. It's good for business, of course, but I wind up having to spend every spare minute helping out."

"Oh, come on," Nino replied, shaking his head in disbelief. "Helping out in the kitchen? That actually sounds kind of fun."

"It's not just the helping," Marinette said, crossing her arms with an adorable frown. "My dad gets really on edge, because he's so worried about getting everything done on time. Plus the house gets unbearably hot since the ovens are running almost constantly. And the flour. It gets everywhere, and I always forget I've got it on my hands. I've even gotten it in my hair."

Hope you enjoyed