GUNNER > EXCERPT

LASAR HQ

--

Dark eyes are trained on a variety of disassembled weapons, all of which are scattered across a single table top. Several pieces of separate guns are scattered before Gunner, dark and intelligent eyes examining the large and intricate puzzle thoughtfully.

His brain worked as such that it immediately began to organize parts into their separate weaponry, though he didn't actually beginning the sorting right away. Instead he glanced up, and across the room.

This was a training session for him, but he was not the only one training during this hour. His gaze drifted between the other two individuals, moving from the sharp and fierce features of Risk, to the rounder (yet just as determined) face of Under. Both girls were situated at their own tables, their individual tasks before them. Gunner examined what each had to do-- it appeared Risk's was similar to his, except hers were two guns, and their parts were not jumbled. He was quick to theorize her task; re-assemble the weapons telekinetically.

Under's was something different entirely. Her table was a large screen, and her gray-blue eyes were focused on a dozen profiles of world leaders. Gunner couldn't say for sure what her training consisted of, but given her occupation as the publicity and relations expert, he guessed she was supposed to be able to properly identify and recall information about all of the faces before her.

He didn't have any more time to consider the girls in the room. A bell rang throughout the room, and the three of them flew into action automatically.

Gunner's dexterous fingers began to automatically sort weapons apart from each other. Once he had a baseline and recognized there were only five guns before him, he didn't bother further sorting, and instead began to assemble them, making quick work of it.

He finished before the ten minutes was up, with three minutes to spare, and when he looked up, Risk's sniper rifle was floating in the air, and she was cocking it with a twist of her wrist. The parts of second gun were quick to fly into the air, and he turned his attention to Under in time to see her brows furrowed, her bottom lip caught between her teeth.

Gunner wasn't worried for either girl. Though Under looked softer than Risk, she was a tough cookie, and stubborn in her own right. And realistically . . . he didn't ever worry about Risk.

When the timer went off, all three of them were done. Risk has her sniper rifle slung over one shoulder, the other gun slipped into a holster on her hip. Under grinned proudly, and Gunner nodded his approval over at her.

"Excellent job, agents," Gray said as he entered the room, offering a short round of applause. "You're dismissed to lunch."