Chapter Five - Bad Dreams

The rest of the day flew by in a frenzy of a whirlwind

The rest of the day flew by in a frenzy of a whirlwind. Before I knew it, I was heading to Katie's dorm, Taylor, who I hadn't seen all day, not yet aware of my new friend. She would soon find out and besides, I can do things without my little sister.

I could hear up beat music and a ton of chatter from inside. I had decided to wear my flower blouse with white short shorts, and, of course, black flats. If I couldn't wear my Uggs, then I'd find other black shoes. Slowly, I knocked.

Katie opened the door with much enthusiasm. "Lilly!" she greeted, "Come on in! Where's Taylor?"

"She, uh, had things to do," I lied and stepped inside.

Katie's dorm was just as big as mine but since it was jammed with people and furniture, it seemed much smaller. The lights had been dimmed and I could barely make out faces. How was I supposed to meet anyone?

One tall figure approached me as Katie closed the door. "Andy?" I guessed.

"Hello, Lilliana," Andy replied, flirting, "Welcome to your first official O.W. dorm party! Care to dance?"

"Uh, no, not really," I said, "But thanks?" It was very awkward with my trainer and I together outside of the Training Dome, ever since our short encounter last night.

Inside, I recognized many shapes and figures from the Dining Hall, dancing, chatting, snacking. "Katie, what type of party is this?" I asked, turning around to face her.

"This is a disco party!" Katie replied cheerfully, doing a little dance, "Basically you dance all night!"

"Oh. I'm not a dancer. I don't know how," I mumbled.

"Well, then I'll teach you! An easy solution!" Katie exclaimed, dragging me to the hard wood floor that was freshly polished. On our way, Katie cranked up the stereo. An obnoxious upbeat song was blasting in my ears now, making my brain cringe. "Just do what I do!" Katie shouted over the music. She began to jump, twirl, flip and flop. I wasn't sure if I wanted to look like her; right now, she looked like a malfunctioning chicken.

"Uh, I think I'm good. I mean, not everyone is dancing," I said, beginning to back away. Andy approached me. "I understand if you don't want to dance like Katie," he whispered, his breath on my ear, "But I'm stilling willing to show you how."

"Again, I think I'm good," I answered. There was a knock on the door. "Let me get that," I suggested, giving myself an excuse to scamper away from the uncomfortableness that hung in the air between us. Whoever it was came in the nick of time.

Now, standing with the door open, I wasn't sure who I would prefer; Andy or my sister. "Taylor?" I asked, "W-what are you doing here? I didn't think you knew about Katie's party."

Taylor had gotten all dressed up for the occasion, with tons of makeup loaded onto her eyelids and cheeks. "Well, nice of you to say something to me," she retorted sarcastically, "I didn't think you knew who Katie was."