Chapter Nine - Mission Rose

The next day I was called into Crowose's office

The next day I was called into Crowose's office. Inside I sat, surrounded by sunshine yellow walls, on a metal chair in front of a large wooden desk. Why did Crowose get the tall, cushioned chair?

    Crowose's hands interlocked on top of the desk as she leaned forward. "I just wanted to thank you for yesterday," she began, "Godwin is now properly recovering in the Healing Ward and the advanced engineering team is constructing him a new TurboWind, though he refuses to let go of the old one."

    "Well, I guess he has been through a lot," I said, "Maybe he only feels safe when he holds onto his TurboWind. Do you know what his mission was yet?"

    Crowose shook her head. "We haven't gotten that far yet," she answered, "and I know that Madame Lee knows what it was, though she refuses to tell anyone. Maybe we could use you to pry her open." She gave a slight laugh.

    "I'm not necessarily her favorite person at the moment," I replied, "She's been giving me riddles and she's annoyed that I haven't figured them out."

    "I hear you on that one," said Crowose, "Don't take it personally. She does that to me too. Don't worry about it."

    "So, is that all I'm here for?" I asked.

    "Oh, no," Crowose said. She cleared her throat. "I am giving you your first mission," she continued, "Last night, we stationed Megan in the Rosary Kingdom. You are to meet her there and, in disguise, you two will investigate for any suspicious behaviors."

    I became excited. My first mission! "Wait, hold on," I implied, "Whenever I'm with Megan, I meet some sort of crazed lunatic."

    Crowose chuckled. "Well, you're sure to meet more in the Rosary Kingdom," she joked.

    I smiled.

    "Now, you won't be needing your TurboWInd," continued Crowose, "It'll make you too obvious to the kingdom. You'll be flying to the abandoned shack behind the castle, where Megan spent the night. She will give you further instructions from there."

    "When do I leave?" I asked.

    "Right now," said Crowose, "Follow me. Sorry for such a short notice, I planned to tell you last night, but I had to settle Godwin in." She led me up and out of the Pine Jungle. Then I was on my way, flying low between the trees.

    I arrived at the shack within a few minutes. I stayed low as not to be spotted and flew behind the castle. It was large and grand and stood upon a small hill covered in flowers and different plants. I soon located a brown little shack at the foot of the hill, behind the castle. I landed outside and a hand jerked me inside. "Ow!" I whispered, "You pulled my arm out of its socket!"

    "Sorry," Megan whispered back. I could barely see her in the dim lighting. Then she pushed my arm back in, which hurt more.

    "Here, put these on," Megan continued and shoved sunglasses on my face and a baseball cap on my head. Then she handed me a purple rain jacket. "Are you sure that this is enough to hide our identities?" I questioned.