6

Dinah

"So where are we going?" I asked while buckling my seatbelt.

"Where do you wanna go?" he asked.

"So you wanted to leave, and you don't even know where to go" I said while laughing.

"Well I really didn't plan this date out" he responded while starting the car.

"Date? " I repeated.

"Yes date" he said with the biggest grin on his face. I rolled my eyes and tried not blush.

"Aww you blushing" Issac cooed.

"Shut up" I said while laughing.

After a couple of minutes of joking around and singing songs that came with the radio, we finally came to a stop at this park.

"So our first date is at the park?" I said while raising one eyebrow.

"I think it's romantic" he said while smiling big.

He hopped out the car and ran over to my side and opened the door for me. Then, we started walking a large stone trail that was around the playground.

Grace

So it's been ten minutes and Nick still hasn't came and get me from daniel's party and it's freezing cold out here.

"aww your boyfriend stood you up?" I heard familiar voice say.

" what do you want lacyee? " I asked turning around seeing her walking towards me.

"I want you to answer my question, because I'm supposed to be meeting him at his house...as we speak" she said while shoving her phone in my face.

Nick: I miss you

Laycee: What about that girl Grace? 

Nick: She's nothing to me!  I promise. Lemme make it up to you tonight meet me at my place.

Lacyee: I'll be there ASAP

"He didn't text that" I said while trying to blink away the tears that's forming in my eyes.

"Oh but he did. Now if you excuse me I have to go see my boyfriend" she said while laughing and walking away, leaving me speechless.

Why did Nick do this to me? I know that we just met and all but I thought that he actually might've cared about me. I guess I was wrong....about everything. When I looked to see that Lacyee was gone I bursted into tears. Here I was sitting on the curb alone and freezing cold. I got my phone out of my purse and immediately called Dinah's number, but she didn't answer.

"Grace that you?" I heard a deep voice say. I turned to see Daquan with a worried look on his face. I quickly wiped the tears off of my face and tried to clear my throat.

"Yeah it's me" I said while standing up and forcing a smile on my face.

"You okay? Why you out here crying" he asked while taking off his gray jacket and threw around me.

"Nick, he stood me up to be with Laycee and left me here. And I can't get in touch with Dinah and it's going to be impossible to find someone in there, and I just want to go home" I said feeling the urge of tears coming again.

"Calm down Grace, lemme take you home" he responded.

"Daquan you don't have to do that I can just walk it's no-"

" You not waking out here by yourself, so come on let's go" he demanded. I guess I had no choice to follow him to his car.

***

"I can't believe Nick did that to you, I swear when I see him I'm gon-"

"Please Daquan don't do anything" I begged.

"Why not? He deserves it" he responded while tensing up and gripping his hands around the steering wheel tighter.

"I'm okay... I promise" I reassured while forcing a smile on my face.

He looked over at me for a quick second before focusing his eyes on the road.

"Okay I ain't gone do nothing... " he said while calming down.

"Good... Take a left at the next stop sign and then stop at the second house on the right" I said.

He followed my directions we ended up in my drive way.

"Thanks Daquan" I said while smiling.

" I got you ma, I always will" he said with a serious tone in his voice.

All of a sudden his lips crashed into mines and I kissed back while wrapping my arms his neck. After a minute or two I pulled away slowly while smiling.

"I'll see you tomorrow" I said while opening the car door and closing, trying to avoid a awkward conversation. Then I ran into the house not looking back and I shut the door.

Dinah

"So you use to have a crush on go Diego go when you were seven" he said in between laughs.

"of course I did what girl didn't" I responded, holding in my laughs.

Me and Isaac have been talking and joking since forever. We even tried to play on the playground but Issac was to tall and big to fit through anything. I really got to know him.

He has no siblings but he has a million cousins. His mom is a travel nurse and his dad died when a robbery took place in a bank. Issac was only thirteen. And he's also is mixed with African American and Caucasian. I told him about my mom and dad. But didn't tell him about my dad getting out soon or him being in a gang. I felt like it was way to much to tell.

"Dang it's midnight already" Issac said while checking his phone.

"Really! My auntie is gonna kill me" I groaned.

"Come let me get you home before your auntie shoot me" he says while grabbing my hand and turn around walking to his car.

***

"So I'll see you tomorrow D" he said while handing me my phone that died while in his pocket this entire time.

"Yeah I'll see you tomorrow" I said while smiling then opened and shut the door. He then quickly  drove off and I walked to my door and shut the door quietly.