The End of Time Part 2

775. Dear Lord. You guys really enjoyed last chapter . . . although one 50+ comment strand was NOT mostly about the chapter. You all know who you are. *narrows eyes playfully*

Anyway, Rassilon is plotting, the Master is being his usual idiotic self, and the Apocalypse is trying not to die. All in all, nothing really new. :P

Enjoy "The End of Time Part 2!"

***

As Gallifrey stood in ruins, the citadel alone unharmed, President Rassilon approached the council table, sitting down at the head, looking around at the six Time Lords sitting around it, a woman at the far end scribbling on parchment. One Time Lord alone stood, nearly swallowed by the black void around them. "What news of the Apocalypse?" Rassilon asked.

"Disappeared, my Lord President," the Chancellor answered.

"But we know her intention," the Partisan said. "She still possesses the Moment, and she'll use it to destroy Daleks and Time Lords alike."

"The Visionary confirms it," the Chancellor pointed at the woman scribbling.

"Ending, burning, falling," the Visionary mumbled as she scribbled. "All of it, falling. The black and pitch and screaming fire, so burning."

"All of her prophecies say the same, that this is the last day of the Time War. That Gallifrey falls. That we die, today."

"Ending, ending, ending, ending!"

"Perhaps it's time," the Partisan said. "This is only the furthest edge of the Time War. But at its heart, millions die every second, lost in bloodlust and insanity. With time itself resurrecting them, to find new ways of dying over and over again . . . a travesty of life. Isn't it better to end it at last?"

Rassilon glared at her. "Thank you for your opinion," he spat, standing and aiming his metal gauntlet at her. A blast of energy shot out and hit the Partisan, making her scream as she was atomized. "I will not die!" he raged, glaring around the table at the flinching Time Lords, the one in the back not moving an inch. He was used to the Time Lord President's rage by now. "Do you hear me? A billion years of Time Lord history riding on our backs. I will not let this perish! I will not!"

"Then why did you start the end?" the Time Lord in the back finally asked, daring to speak. "You sent a special forces to remove me from the front lines, killed me, and brought me back here. You resurrected her brother, only to lie about his death as well. You lied to her about both our deaths. Did you honestly think that hearing that would make her win the war for you?"

"I did not ask for your opinion, Doctor," Rassilon hissed.

"I'm well aware you didn't," the Doctor retorted. "But you know I'm too good of a hostage to kill off again."

Rassilon snarled, wanting more than ever to kill the only Time Lord to ever Unite with an Experiment, when the Chancellor cleared his throat awkwardly. "There is, er . . . there is one part of the prophecy, my lord." Rassilon coolly raised an eyebrow, and the Chancellor took a scroll and handed it to him. "Forgive me. I'm sorry. It's rather difficult to decipher, but it talks of two survivors beyond the Final Day. Two children of Gallifrey."

"Does it name them?" Rassilon asked curiously.

"It foresees them locked in their final confrontation. The Enmity of Ages, which would suggest - "

"The Apocalypse," Rassilon grinned. "And the Master."

"One word keeps being repeated, my Lord," the Chancellor nodded. "One constant word. Earth."

"Earth, Earth Earth, Earth, Earth, Earth," the Visionary grinned, repeating over and over.

"Planet Earth, indigenous speices, the human race," the Chancellor said, pulling the hologram up.