8: Talk of Combat Training

When I came to, I was surrounded by silk sheets and fluffy pillows. I yawned, sitting up and looking around to find myself in a bedroom. It had a green, fitted sheet with purple blankets. The pillows were mix and matched purple as well. On the opposite side of the room in the center of the wall was a door that was slightly ajar, the sound of someone taking a shower escaped through the small crack. Joker.

I decided to examine the room more. There were two large dressers as tall as the ceiling to the left and right of the bathroom door and pressed against the corners of the room, leaving about five inches between each dresser and the door.

I swung my feet outside of the covers and onto the nice, clean hard-wood floor, running my hands along the green walls that surrounded me.

He must have a maid somewhere in this place. I wasn't even sure where I was. Was this at the funhouse? I wasn't sure. We never made it to the bedroom. Always pounced on each other before we could even reach it.

The sound of the shower ceased, and after a few moments, I heard the shower doors open and close, and the light pitter patter of feet.

I stood up and slowly crept to the room, lightly pushing the door with my hand. Joker turned around to look at me, a towel wrapped around his waist.

My jaw dropped as I saw his crazy, wet hair and his actual face. His hair was of course still green, and his face a smooth complexion except for the scars on his face. Those beautiful scars.

I grinned. "Shoulda woken me up earlier, dream boat, woulda hopped in there with you."

Joker stared at me for a moment before ruffling his hair with a towel in an attempt to dry it. He smirked. "You need to work on combat."

"What?" I questioned.

"One little fireball and you're done for the day. But the job won't always end with a huge ball of fire, deary. You're gonna have to learn to fight if your powers stop working. Like, uh. . . What happened with Red Jackass? Ha. . .Ha ha." He dropped his towel and walked past me to the bedroom, heading to the dresser on the right. He opened it and took out one of the three purple suits, placing it on the bed. It was freshly dry cleaned.

I sighed. He was right. "I'm okay at combat, I rely more on my special ability."

Joker turned to look at me once he was finished putting his suit on. He pointed at himself with his blood-stained knife. "Look at me. No special powers. I'm not buffed out. But I know how to fight if my back is against the wall. There's no fire to save me, dear." he cackled, holding his stomach. "Imagine if there was. Total anarchy! Just. How. I. Like it." he pursed his lips together and sucked in his mouth, licking the insides of his scars, examining me from head to toe.

I folded my arms. "And what am I going to do about it? Is someone gonna teach me how to kick ass?" I questioned. Joker cackled, nodding.

"Me!" he threw his hands up in the air. "Me, doll." He flashed me a grin, his scars bundling up as he did so.

I wrapped my hands around his waist and smirked. "I could probably kick your ass, though." As soon as I was finished with my sentence, I felt something pull my knee pit forward, causing me to lose balance as Joker's hand pushed me down by the stomach. I was lying flat on the ground with Joker sitting on top of me, hands pinning mine down to the floor. I tried to fight against it, but it was no use. I stopped fighting and sighed, laying limp. I sighed. "I stand corrected." I muttered.

"Don't underestimate me, dear, that's the worst thing to do when faced in the presence of evil," he growled lowly in my ear. It sent shivers down my spine, and I wasn't sure if he was being playful or violent anymore.

His fingers jabbed into my ribs as he furiously tickled me, I stopped breathing because of how hard I was laughing. "S-stop!" I shouted in between giggles as he giggled back, tickling me even more. "I surrender!" I squealed, wriggling under him. He kept tickling me to the point of exhaustion.

I let out a tired breath. "Dammit, I just woke up." I whined. "Now I'm gonna go back to sleep for forever."

"Uh, oh, Spaghettio's."