15: The Courthouse

The Courthouse in Old Gotham.

That's where my boys had found the two men we were searching for. My archenemy, and his assassin.

Once we got the location, we started to arm our men, Joker ran to get his firearms and his acid flowers, and I took out an old weapon I hadn't used to often. My spiked ball and chain, a weapon I could run my fire through and do double damage with. I was going to knock out anyone I could with this baby.

I felt anxiety settle in. What would happen after I destroyed my archenemy? Would I go back to Vineopolis, or stay here with Joker? We didn't really talk about our relationship's meaning, or if we even had one in the first place. We just did what we did, having sex, occasionally spending the night in the same bed, getting food together and wreaking havoc as a unit.

And what if I couldn't even take down Red Jaguar? What if he has something up his sleeve, or Joker can't distract Deadshot for long enough and Deadshot kills me while I'm focused on Red Jaguar?

What if they have way more henchmen than us, and the henchmen have more weaponry and armor?

I shook my head and tried to ignore all the questions. Joker wouldn't approve of how much thought I was putting into this, and I had to trust him. He was better at this than I was, even if I didn't want to admit it. He was the better villain.

It was time to attack.

I turned to look at Joker, who seemed to be watching me this whole time without my knowledge. I sighed and smiled uneasily. He seemed to be confused as to why I was so uneasy, as if I should feel confident in myself. He had never seen me like this.

Joker led me to his van, opening the passenger door for me before going into the driver's seat and driving off to the location. I was uneasy, I wasn't sure where the Courthouse was, but I trusted Joker to get us there before they fled the scene.

Finally, Joker stopped. He eased on the breaks this time, and I knew it was probably to calm my nerves instead of fuck with them. I stepped out of the van and turned to see four more vans park behind us. More than ten henchmen came out of them. There had to be about twenty of our henchmen here.

I turned back to look in front of me. I could see a swarm of men now, all dressed in various clothing and all surrounding Deadshot and Red Jaguar.

Red Jaguar's eyes were locked on me now, I reached to my left to grab Joker's hand. We started to head towards the two men, the swarm of our henchmen behind us, before we came face to face with them.

"I see you've shacked up with this guy," Red Jaguar spoke. "Interesting."

"Cut the crap, Jaguar. What's your problem, I reject you and you go all crazy stalker on me? 'If I can't have you, no one can?' Fucking creep." I snarled.

He started to laugh, then he turned to Deadshot and waved his hand. "Reveal."

Deadshot turned around to meet the eyes of someone who had just walked out. She had hair tied up in pigtails, one side red and the other side black, and she wore a tight corset with red and black strips, shorts with the same pattern, a utility belt and knee-high stockings, one black, one red. She wore a small black mask with pointed, downward edges on the bottom section of it, and it only covered the areas around her eyes. Her makeup was still visible, black mascara streaks running farther than the mask went, and her red lips were now in a small smirk. 

"Hiya, puddin'. Miss me?"