19: Uneasy Feelings

I woke up next to Joker. He was silent, his chest rising up and down slowly with each breath. He turned so he was on his side and pulled me into a hug, I squealed at first but then allowed myself to sink into his chest. He was warm, and smelled like gasoline.

"Good morning, beautiful," he spoke in a low, rumbly voice. I shivered as I looked up at him.

"Your voice is so sexy. . ." I breathed. He dipped his head down and placed a kiss on my lips, allowing his lips to linger, tickling my skin ever so slightly.

"You know what else is sexy?" he questioned.

"Hm?" I questioned as our eyes locked, my heart skipping a beat.

"Pillow fights."

Before I could respond, a pillow slapped onto my face. I started laughing as I pushed the pillow off of me, grabbing one of my own and slapping him with it. His makeup imprinted on the pillow, and I could see most of his real face now.

"Can you take off your makeup?" I asked. He froze for a moment before sighing, standing up from the bed, and heading to the bathroom. He started to take his makeup, walking back in to show me his face. I started gawking. "Holy shit you're so fucking hot," I squeaked. His cheekbones were so defined, and his scars were so sexy, so alluring.

"Hmmm, am I?" he grinned.

"Yeah, you are," I purred, sitting on his lap. His phone started to ring, the sound of a circus jingle blasting as it started to vibrate off of the nightstand next to the bed. I jumped in surprise, then lay myself on his chest, waiting for him to pick up the phone and finish the conversation so he could pay attention to me.

"Yello? . . . No, I'm not going to talk to you right now. . . . I don't care how you feel. . . .No, I'm with Khaos right now, leave me alone. . . .Yeah, goodbye." He hung up his phone, I lifted myself up slightly to look at him.

"Who was that?" I questioned, frowning.

"Lolly," he sighed. "She's asking to meet up."

I placed my head on his chest. I wasn't in the mood anymore. "Oh, I see."

He placed his hands on my back. "What's wrong?" he asked in a mock cooing voice.

"You seem to have no care for other people's feelings but your own," I responded quietly.

He snickered. "Well, yeah."

I lifted my head up to look at him silently before crawling off of him, placing my foot on the ground next to the bed and lifting myself out of it. I started to put my clothing back on.

"I'm going to go," I sighed.

"Okay," he spoke, rolling over in the bed, snickering. I wasn't sure on what he was laughing at this time, but I was sure it had something to do with Lolly's feelings.

I shook my head, and walked out of the big warehouse to my car. I started to head to the city, finding the tallest skyscraper I could find—an insurance company building—and took the elevator all the way up. I found the roof door and walked through it, breathing in the air as soon as I stepped foot on the roof of this tall, beautiful building. I sat cross-legged in the middle of the roof, my head in my hands. Good thing I was alone with my thoughts.

"You could be normal, you know."

I sighed. So much for being alone with my thoughts. I turned my head to look up at Batman, and realized I was still wearing my disguise. Nice. I was surprised no one panicked, but it was probably because my fighting outfit looked pretty standard. Especially the one I was wearing today. A red leather jacket, and a pair of black leggings with red combat boots. It was completely fireproof, so it was the outfit I decided to wear the most when coming out to the town as Khaos.

"No, I couldn't be, I've never had a normal life." I shook my head, then rested my elbow on my leg, holding my chin up with my fist. "I've always been a freak. I've always been different."

To my surprise, he sat next to me. "That doesn't give you a free pass to hurt people."

I turned to look at him, lifting my head from my fist. "I don't understand how you're speaking to me the way you are."

"What do you mean?"

I sighed. "My parents were abusive. They hated me. Foster parents gave me up because of my powers. Next set of Foster Parents used me for the money and kicked me out on my 18th birthday when I stopped being useful for them. I started working for evil, rude criminals. I'm dating a man who doesn't give any regard to anyone's emotions but his own. And here you are, but instead of hurting me, you're speaking to me. What changed? You're supposed to hate me."

He shrugged. "It's not every day you find a criminal on a rooftop with her head in her hands, harming no one but herself with dark thoughts."

"What do you think I should do, then?" I asked. I was curious as to what his opinion was.

"Check yourself into Arkham Asylum, where they can help you."

I scoffed. "Help me? More like shove pills down my throat until I am no longer myself anymore."

"I could see to it that you get special treatment," he spoke. "If you really want to change, that is."

I hesitated. I looked down at my hands, pursing my lips together. "You aren't so bad, you know that, Bats?" I spoke before standing up. "I will just. . . Take time off of work."

He smiled. This threw me off guard. "Alright."

"Can I go? Or will you forcefully drag me to the pigs?" I questioned. He stared at me for a long time before he turned his back on me, looking off into the distance.

"Oh no, where did she go?" he spoke. I laughed a soft, genuine laugh.

"Thanks," I spoke, heading back into the building and taking the elevator down, deep in thought the entire way. I wasn't sure if I could actually muster the courage to take time off of work, but I had to, for the sake of myself.