Something Like 21 Questions

"Find the place where there is joy, and the joy will burn out the pain"

Seeing Jordan standing there with his suit and tie, waiting for me to get out of the car. He looked great, I couldn't really explain the feeling that rolled around in my stomach when I looked into his eyes. It was like fireworks went off, I slowly grabbed his hand as I stepped out; his hands were warm and soft something I never expected. Jordan didn't say hi or really much of anything as he lead me into the lake house, the blue and purple lights going up the walk away gave the house itself a wonderful glow. When I stepped into the house I was in complete awe with the entire house. Jordan didn't stop long enough for me to be able to see the entire interior of the house. He just keeps going. Man on a mission.

Jordan continued to walk through the house until we made it out the back door. The same purple and blue lights that went along the driveway and up the stairs in the front of the lake house also outlined the back as well. The smell of food brought my attention away from the lights and ocean view and onto the table that sat in the middle of the sand a couple feet away. On the table was the biggest Boca of roses I've ever seen, the red, yellow and pink roses were very pretty with the blue and purple lights in the background. Jordan pulled out my chair for me, the perfect gentleman I said more to myself.The roses were beautiful but I wanted to see Jordan while I was on the date with him, the roses was just getting in the way of that. I pulled the chair that was to my left, over to me and placed the Boca of roses in it. Jordan looked confused for a second before a small smile replaced it. The steak and potatoes that sat on the plate in front of me looked great. Guess its true when they say foods the best way to a girls heart. With just one bite I was already in love.

After dinner, Jordan cleared the table and lead me inside the house. Leading me to the Kitchen I sat at the island, watching Jordan Take glasses out the cabinet. He hummed lowly to himself occasionally taking glances at me. I continued to look down when he did to seem like I wasn't just watching him just seconds ago. I rested my head on my arms and started to watch him again. When he looked, this time, I didn't look away, the dimple on the right side of his cheek deepens as his smile grew bigger.

"What's so funny"I didn't think that it could happen he then again his smile grew bigger until he couldn't hide it anymore and started to laugh. I looked at him annoyed because he still hasn't said what he found so funny.

"You'll never figure it out you know?"

"Figure what out?" There was a long list of things I was trying to figure out in my head. Jordan was going to have to be a little more specific when asking a question like that.

"Rosetta, tell me something do you always over think everything?" Yes

"No, I don't over think everything,what makes you ask?"

"Nothing really, I'm just very intuitive I guess."I thought about what he said for a couple seconds before my attention was brought back to Jordan.

" Red or white," Jordan asked randomly.

"What"

"Wine, red or white" ,he said holding the wine bottles in his hands I pointed to the one on the right, watching him open it and pour both the glasses half way before handing me one. I slowly moved the glass in circles watching the wine almost touch the rim, Jordan watched me take a sip of the wine.

" that's really good wine." Looking into his eyes they seem to be lighter today then the last time I had seen him. "Can I ask you a question"

"Depends on the question" he replied, looking back up from where he was placing the red wine bottle into a bucket of ice.

"What's the hardest thing you've ever done?"Jordan seemed a little taking back by my question, he hesitated for a moment on weather he was going to answer, reluctantly he did.

" I killed an innocent person" the way that he said it so nonclunlently, I was trying to figure out if he really felt bad about it. When it came to Jordan and Royce I was usually OK with not fully understanding them. It was just the things that they said randomly, it always made me question their state of mind.

" Did I scare you?" Jordan stared at me intensely waiting for my answer.

"No, but your honesty does sometimes, the same with Royce, that empty stare you too share, it'll scare anyone."he took a moment to take in what I said, the smile he once had changed into an unreadable expression as my words started to sink in. He didn't say anything as he poured us both more wine. We sat in silence for a while not saying anything. Jordan stared off into space while I watched him for a while, getting bored I started to think of all the things I didn't know,but wanted to know about him.

" what do you want to know" Jordan asked, reading my mind.

"About what?" I asked looking up to him. He asked the most random questions, I found him odd but in a weird good kind of way.

"The questions that's brewing inside your mind to ask me?"between the car ride with Royce and now with Jordan, I feel like they could read my mind. When I thought things to my self they both would say something that pertained to my thoughts and it was scary.

" let's play a game Jordan " I took a sip of my wine, looking into Jordan eyes, he got this sinister smirk making me wonder if I just made a big mistake. Saying fuck it, I drunk the rest of my wine in one gulp. Standing from my seat I took the wine bottle out the ice walking over to Jordan's sofa. Once I was seated I pat the seat next to me for Jordan to take a seat.

"So what game are we playing?"

"I want to play a question game"

"What, like 21 questions?"

"Something like that, but not exactly because 21 questions never ends at just 21."

"Don't you think were a little to old to be playing that game"

"If you didn't want to play that's all you had to say there's no need to be rude" I started to walk away from the sofa towards the door to leave, I didn't have the time for Jordan or his rude comments just his rudeness in general.

"Look, i didn't mean to come off rude I'm just saying if you want to ask me something just ask me." It was childish of me to want to leave because he didn't want to play the game, I just want to ask him questions but I wanted him to want to ask me questions as well. Jordan continued to hold my hand as he walks back towards his sofa, he refilled his wine glass as well as mine, handing me my glass Jordan stared at me for a couple minutes ;he opened his mouth as if he was going to say something.  Closing his mouth all the while his facial expression changed "What is your favorite time of day?"

" I wouldn't say that I locally have I favorite time of day, but if I had to choose I would say sunrise or maybe even sunset" taking a sip of my wine I thought about all the questions I had running through my mind at the moment."If you were reincarnated as an animal what would you be?" Jordan looked down at his glass that was a little past half full before he looked back up at me.

" umm, I think I would be a wolf or bear something like that I couldn't image me being something that could die easily," he says with all sincerity.  I struggled to keep the laugh that was coming at bay. Jordan and i continued to go on asking each other questions and talking. He told me about the various businesses he owns and what's it like being a young CEO, he asked me questions about being a doctor and some of my patients. Time seemed to fly by with us just talking about random things.
The door bell bought us out of our fit of laughter, we were already on our third bottle of wine just having a good time.  Royce walked in moments later giving some kind of hand jester towards Jordan which in return he got up from his sit on the sofa excusing himself as well as Royce. They stood off to the side in what seemed to be a heated conversation, Jordan yelling at Royce in Arabic they continue to have words until something that Jordan says causes Royce to yell out throwing his hand into the air leaving out the same door he walked in just moments ago. After Royce left our date continued as it was us talking laughing, i was have a good time with Jordan way better then i expected it to be.