Two

We're going to Australia.

Fast forward two weeks from that meeting and here we were, at the airport, waiting to board the plane that'd take us to Australia.

Those two weeks had been crazy from the minute that we had left his office. I had been excitedly panicking from that moment, and while Jenny was much less enthusiastic about it, she was still happy that she got to travel around most of the world; something that needed to be crossed off of her bucket list.

And I got to go to a Grand Prix and that was something which could be crossed off of my bucket list.

And it wasn't just 'a Grand Prix', no it was all twenty-one that were being held this season and if we didn't get fired, hopefully following seasons to come.

I know I'm here to work, and I might not be able to see the Grand Prix itself in the Grand Stand but I was going to be in the middle of the atmosphere, watching, feeling, seeing the exciting and tense atmosphere opposed to the TV screen at home in my little flat with just the commentators for an atmosphere.

"You've got your passport right?" Jenny grinned over at me as we sat in the little metal chairs waiting for our flight to be announced.

"I'm not stupid. And I'm definitely not going to mess this up and end up missing the flight." I smiled over at her.

"And Daniel?" She nudged me. "You excited to see him again?"

"No." I muttered, blushing bright red as I went over our first interaction again in my head.

The only thing on Jenny's mind for the past two weeks was my encounter with a certain Aussie. It was all I had heard whenever I had mentioned our new job prospects. From what I had heard from her these past couple of weeks, I wouldn't put it past her to continue to mention it to Daniel as well.

"Aww, why not?" Her grinned only widened.

"Because I'm a complete idiot." I sighed, sinking further down in my chair to try and avoid the conversation that we had a thousand times over. And every time, I got embarrassed just a little bit more than the last time.

"Flight 1AU3 boarding to Australia"

Thank you for saving me from this conversation, flight calling lady.

---

Australia was hot.

Hotter than Milton Keynes, that was for sure. Wearing the three layers onto the plane was a good idea for the weather in England during the early months of the year but not so much for Australia.

And what a beautiful sight Australia was, especially in the dusk setting that we'd arrived in.

It looked like the place you would want to walk around for hours, just taking in the views that Melbourne had to offer. The sun setting in the background of the cities sky scrapers, their lights twinkling brighter and brighter as it turned from light to dark. I would love to sit and stare throughout the entire night and through it until the sun came up.

But as much as I would have liked to, there was a car already waiting for us to take us to the hotel, where Jenny and I would be sharing a room.

And I probably wouldn't be able to see this sight again as we have to serve the team breakfast, lunch and evening dinner.

I guess this was one of the downfalls of having a catering job, the first to be here and the last to leave. But I couldn't moan too much, I was in Australia, days before the Grand Prix, with my closest friend with a high possibility of seeing my favourite driver three times a day, if not more.