Nine

Thank you so much for the 1k reads! Can't believe it's also been a year since I published the first chapter of Work For It (which is nearly at 6K!!). Hope you enjoy this chapter, please continue to vote and comment.x. Sorry this took longer than expected. 

Next time?

I hope so.

"Good. We don't want you to lose your manners, do we?" I murmured against his lips, mine brushing his as I spoke.

"Of course not." He smiled, pecking my lips once more.

I opened my mouth to speak but a long yawn came out instead.

"I should probably take you back." Daniel laughed softly before moving away to collect the (now empty) beer bottles to dispose of them.

"No, no, I'm fine."

"If you don't want to leave me, just say." He turned, throwing me a wink over his shoulder at me.

"Because you've been such fantastic company."

"I didn't hear you complaining."

"Well now that you mention it." I walked over to where Daniel was, leaning against the countertop.

"Nope. I don't want to hear it." Daniel leaned down, pressing his lips against mine.

"Was that supposed to make me shut up?" I asked against his lips; our foreheads still pressed together.

"Did it work?"

"No. But it did make me forget." Reaching up, I put my arms around his neck, my hands going straight for his curls, running my fingers through them; something I've wanted to for a long time. Except now it was less weird for me to do so.

"Good. Did you want to stay here tonight?" Daniel asked, wrapping his arms around my hips to pull me closer into a tight hug.

"Thought you were joking about Netflix and Chill?"

"I am." He pecked my lips once more. "But it's late, and I'm too lazy to drive you back to your car for you to then drive home. So, you might as well stay here. And I'll drive you in the morning."

"Since you have it all figured out, I guess it'd be okay."

"Good. I'll take the couch."

"You don't want to sleep with me?" I grinned up at him, my fingers still running through his hair.

Daniel laughed softly. "More than anything. But I don't put out on the second date. Wait until the third." His grin only widened.

"This was our second date?" I asked, feeling my cheeks turn darker and warmer after his statement.

"...It wasn't?"

"No, no I mean yes. Yes, it was. I just didn't realise we were classing this as a second date."

"Would you like it to be? I know it wasn't fancy and date-like but I thought it was nice."

"It was nice." I nodded my head, leaning up to peck his lips. "The best date so far."

"Well there's only been two." Daniel laughed.

"How about a third?"

"Gasp. Are you asking me out on a date?"

"Not if you're going to be a tit about it."

Daniel grinned as he pulled away to go and make himself a glass of water. "Where are you taking me?"