Group Projects

Omg do I pick Knalla or Neoma. "Knalla, help me please," Hailey says pulling Knalla's desk beside hers. I guess I've got Neoma, then. "Neoma, do you wanna be my partner," I ask Neoma already knowing the answer. "Yes! I mean sure," Neoma says excitedly. Ok now to just find out what the project is. "Each group is to create and draw their own animal," Mrs. Symetra answers as if she had read my mind. Oh, this is gonna be real fun. I can't wait to start drawing our animal. I wonder what we are gonna come up with.

"Put your drawings in the basket on the way out," Mrs. Symetra yells to us as the bell rings. I drop my bag off at my next class, and slide down to my usual spot. "ESMÉ," Ariel and Bunny say as they walk out of the hallway. "Ariel! Bunny! Guess who just made their own mythical creature," I say excitedly. "YOU," they say in unison once again. "Yep! It's a new form of wolf," I say proudly. "COOL," they say again in unison. That still scares me but aye it is what it is. Omg Michelle. "Michelle," I yell happily. "Esmé," Michelle says as she prepares for a hug. Omg she smells so good. I need to get me some of that lotion she's been using. "3rd Period," the coach announces as the bell rings.

"Esmé, you ain't gonna speak to me. I see how it's gonna be. People changing on us these days," Sharké says dramatically. Omg I swear people are competing to see who can give their child the weirdest name. Ugh why hasn't he caught on yet. I don't like him. I never have, and I never will. He just needs to stalk someone else. "Someone must be in a bad mood. She never answered you Sharké," Quint taunts. These children are getting on my last nerve, and to think I'm one of the youngest of my grade. "Hey Quint. Hey Sharké," I say flatly. "Why so cold Esmé," Quint asks mimicking a hurt expression.

Why can't people just let me be me. If I don't wanna talk to you, then don't bother me. "Turn to page 362 in your literature book, read the entire story, and answer the questions at the end. There should be no talking whatsoever. You may begin," Mrs. Era says without taking her eyes off of her phone. More work. You would think at least one teacher would gives us a break, but no.