He Likes Me?!?!

Some time has past since the classroom incident, and for some reason, I feel so comfortable around Sesshomaru. He seems pretty cool, and he is very different from most. I wonder what Saiun is like. Is he like that too? It would be so wonderful if I could just get to truly hang out with him. Maybe then I could find out whether I have a chance or not.

"Esmé. Esmé! ESMÉ!," Bunny and Ariel call out. "Huh," I ask completely unaware of what they were saying prior to my name. "We were asking you how it has been going with the cool guy you take class with," Ariel says. "Yeah! Is he kind? Is he weird? Is he a nerd? Does he have a girlfriend? Do you like him???," Bunny questions. "Cool guy??? You mean Sesshomaru????," I ask halfway knowing the answer. "YESSSSSSS," they say in unison. "Oh... well he is really cool, kind of a nerd, he's weird but not in a bad way, I don't think he has a girlfriend, and he listens to rock music," I say answering all the questions but the main one. "ANDDDDDD," they say expectantly. "Do you like him???," they practically shout. "Keep it down!!! If my siblings hear y'all then I am done for," I say. I then answer their question with, "I kind of like him, but I don't know if he likes me."

*Flashback*

Drekie asks Sesshomaru, "Who do you like?!" Up until the 'last' name, I had tried to remain tuned out but... "Do you like Esmé?" Drekia and Tyke ask in unison. There is absolutely no way anyone could like me, so why is she even asking him that?

There was a long pause and the room fell silent. My heart sank. I knew nobody would ever admit to liking me. Then, through the silence, came Sesshomaru's response: "I thought I made that quite clear".