Lunch

"Time to go to lunch Esmé," says Ryuke for the sixth time. "Huh, oh ok," I say after snapping away from my thoughts. I, then, get up and fix my purse to my side. I walk slowly to the cafeteria just to find that I'm standing right behind him. "He doesn't bite," Ryuke says enjoying the turn of events. "I know that," I say shyly. "Then walk up closer to him," Ryuke teases. I take two small steps closer to him, and I keep that distance for a little time. After a few minutes of my baby steps, Ryuke steps in front of me. "There, so you don't have to look so awkward standing behind him," Ryuke says disappointedly.

I point to the food I want, and then I go straight to my usual spot. "Saiun why don't you sit over here," Ryuke says flashing me a smile. Ugh I could so easily kill him for this. Saiun walks over and sits right in front of Ryuke. Me and my friends talk lunch away. We laugh, talk, crack jokes, and eat food. Every so often I'd steal a glance at Saiun. A few times he was actually looking at me too. Him and Ryuke would talk and laugh just like me and my friends. Sometimes our topic would confuse the guys who weren't so sneakily listening in. Eventually it got time to go and so we did.