Chapter VII

Torrence is kidnapped by children.

~*~

Another panic attack.

I'm still here.

Why am I still here?

In this dream?

Or is this a nightmare?

What if this is reality?

Does it really matter?

Well, kind of.

Nobody had ever seen him in this state, except for his mother and his new foster-mom.

Nobody else even knew that Torrence suffered from Anxiety. He had been since he was eight.

Fast breathing. Sweating. Feeling out of breath altogether.

Sometimes, when he was younger, he used to have to run out into the backyard to be able to breath normally again.

Sometimes he would have thoughts like the ones he had now, and sometimes it was worse.

Sometimes suicidal.

But what made him feel better was thinking about his life. What amazing friends he had.

Had. Past tense.

That didn't help. Even though he still had Aaron and Oliver, he missed some of his friends from back home.

No, Old home.

So he changed his thoughts. He imagined his new family, and what fun they would have together.

His new foster mother, Ziea, was very kind. She was tall and had pitch black hair. Her skin was an olive tone, and her eyes were ocean blue.

She had a daughter, Marrie, who looked almost identical to Ziea. She was a small little five year old girl, with her mothers long, straight black hair. She had her mother's skin tone, but green eyes instead of blue.

He didn't know what happened exactly to Marrie's father; it was a touchy subject to bring up. But in every way, they were some of the kindest and happiest people he had ever met.

This calmed him down. He realized he was sitting up in his new bed. He put his hand on his forehead and felt sweat. In fact, his face was drenched in it.

He got out of bed and picked up a towel he had left on the floor. He cleaned himself up and got dressed in the clothes he had came to the island in. A simple red shirt and jeans, and grayish-brown sneakers. He brushed his hair so it wasn't all over the place, and went out into the kitchen.

The room didn't have a ceiling or walls. Well, it did. But it was see-through. Glass. The ceiling and walls were made of glass. When you looked through them you could see the ocean, and ocean life. Occasionally you would see sea life, like schools of fish and sharks.

Standing at the kitchen cutting up an apple for Marrie, was Ziea. Marrie herself was sitting at the table already, playing with a toy princess. Ziea saw him and shook her head. She walked over to the living area and picked up a box.

"You won't be needing that outfit for school anymore. Your school uniform came." Ziea told him, and handed him the box.

"Oh gee, thanks." He said with sarcasm, but a grateful smile was plastered to his face. He took it to his room and changed again. The uniform was navy blue with a white inside shirt, and black jeans. On the shirt was the school emblem.

When he came out again Ziea fixed his shirt. She took a step back and looked him over. "Nice. It fits you perfectly." She said. "Now go eat breakfast, you're already gonna be late!" She said with a giggle.