When He Left

Back To The Top

by StarNightShadow

---

(DISCLAIMER: I do not own Percy Jackson and the other characters. All of this belongs to the great Rick Riordan.)

-------

When He Left

"Wake up! It's time for your duties!" Someone from the Ares cabin shouted from the door and was probably pissed for having to do his job.

Annabeth lazily got up from her bunk in Cabin six and tied her blond curls in a ponytail before changing for her training clothes.

After securing her dagger she jogged to her boyfriend's cabin. Cabin three.

"Percy, are you awake?" She knocked a couple of times and when there was no response she twisted the doorknob and the door swung open. The scent of the sea filled her nose, a scent which she grew to love because of Percy.

"Percy?" She called out. All she heard was the sound of water from the fountain, a gift from Poseidon to Percy.

Annabeth went over his bunk to see it fixed as well as the other things on his bedside table. Her eyebrows knitted in confusion.

Odd, she thought. Percy rarely fixes his things which is why she made it her task to remind him during inspections.

She ran to the beach thinking that maybe he took an early swim and picked up eight pieces of rocks the size of her fists. She threw one as far as she could.

Splash. She paused for a second before throwing four rocks consecutively. Splash. Splash. Splash. Splash. Another pause and she threw the remaining three into the water. Splash. Splash. Splash.

"Percy!" She shouted as loud as she can.

She waited for a couple of minutes before deciding that Percy was not underwater. If he was, he would've seen her code for him and would immediately go out of the water.

Annabeth searched the whole camp, she even went to the stable in case Percy was with the horses. He's not. She asked other campers if the have seen Percy and all she got was negative answers.

It was late afternoon when she finally concluded that Percy was gone. Again.

Annabeth rushed to the Big House and knocked rapidly before barging inside. She saw Mr. D and Chiron playing cards. Mr. D was in his usual Hawian shirt and Chiron was in a casual shirt.

"Percy's missing." Annabeth huffed as she tried to catch her breath. Her stomach was growling from not eating anything but she ignored it. What matters is Percy's whereabouts.

Mr. D raised an eyebrow without sparing her a glance, "Are you sure Annie? The kid's probably around." He waved his hand dismissing her and returning to his game.

"I already looked around the camp. No one has seen him either." She told the director trying to keep her irritation away from her tone. She was, after all, talking to a god.

"Did you look everywhere?" Chiron asked, concern obvious in his tone. He shifted on his wheelchair and faced Annabeth, placing his deck of cards on the table.

"Yes. I swear if Hera is behind this agai-" Chiron cut Annabeth's stream of words.

"It's not safe talking about gods like that." He warned her and turned to Mr. D, "Mr. D, would you mind visiting Olympus to check if Percy is there?" Chiron asked the director who looked disappointed that Chiron's set of cards.

"Why would I look for that brat? It's better that there's one less annoyance here." Mr. D complained but stood up nonetheless.

"Sir, you may have forgotten but the 'brat' you're talking about is the son of Poseidon. And I'm sure you wouldn't want to upset the Sea god." Annabeth pointed out as politely as she can.

"Let the old Fish-Breath be upset." Thunder shook the house and a net of lighting flashed across the sky outside. "Whatever." He muttered before snapping his fingers and turning to a hologram before disappearing.

Chiron stood up from his wheelchair, showing the rest of his body as a centaur. He pat Annabeth on the shoulders and reassured her. "We will find Percy."

But somewhere deep inside Annabeth, she doubted his words.

-------

A/N: Well... this is my first ever story so thanks for clicking the READ button. I hope that you'll stick to this story and bear with my poor writing.

This is just the beginning though! I swear this will get better. I really hope you guys support me in this. And I'm really sorry for the mistakes. I'll edit this when I have free time though.

Vote. Comment. Follow. If you want.