When Things Become More Confusing

Disclaimer: I do not own PJO/HoO and the characters. All of them belongs to Rick Riordan.

 -----------------------------------------------------

When Things Become More Confusing

by StarNightShadow

----------------------------

Annabeth became Percy's nurse and took care of him while he recovered. Three days later, they stil didn't know what actually happened to him. Percy was no help since he was sleeping most the times only occasionally waking up then passing out again.

 "Hey Annabeth," Grover greeted Annabeth as she replaced Percy's blankets. "You should go eat. I'll watch over Percy." He told her as he leaned on the porch railing outside the Big House.

Annabeth wanted to say no but her stomach growled and she sighed. Percy wasn't going away in that state and it would be nice to grab a bite or two, she decided and stood up. "Call me if anything happens. And by that, I mean anything." She told Grover.

The satyr nodded. "Got it."

Grover started to play his reed pipes once he was alone to pass time. He wanted to say that he was great at playing it but he would be lying. That didn't stop him from using it, though.

"Ugh," Grover turned to see Percy reaching for the tall glass of nectar beside the deck chair he was on.

"Careful," He said when the glass almost slipped from Percy's hand and Grover helped him drink it.

"Whoa." Percy gasped when he drank the whole glass. "What are these? They taste like my mom's homemade chocolate-chip cookies." He stared at the glass in amazement. Suddenly he looked worried and panicked as he stared at Grover with wide eyes. Percy yelped when he saw Grover from head to hooves.

"Grover, man, you're a goat!" He exclaimed. "Does that mean it all happened? The Minotaur? And my mom... is she really gone?" Percy looked like his world was crashing that moment while Grover looked at him in confusion.

"Percy, what exactly do you remember?" Grover asked slowly, afraid that the answer would match his suspicions.

"We were... running from the Minotaur and Smelly Gabe's Camaro exploded... fighting and mom disappeared." Percy scratched his head as he tried to remember details.

Grover paled and gulped. He turned away slowly and muttered a "be back" before running towards the Athena Cabin and yelled for Annabeth.

Annabeth came running towards Grover with a half-eaten pizza slice on her hand. "What is it?" She asked in panic.

The other campers started to gather around them.

"Percy's awake-" He started to say but stopped when Annabeth started to run towards the Big House. "Wait!" He exclaimed and grabbed her arm.

"What?" Annabeth asked impatiently. She wanted to see Percy and talk to him and also punch him for being lost.

"His memory..." Grover started to say and hesitated at the last part. "I-I think his last memory was when he first arrived here in camp."

"What?" Annabeth asked stupidly which was rare but also understandable because everyone else was also confused and shocked.

"He was talking about the Minotaur and his mom. He even mentioned his first stepdad, Gabe Ugliano!" Grover told them.

Annabeth opened her mouth to say something when someone spoke.

"Grover? What's happening?" Percy asked just as Annabeth started to cry without any sounds.

Piper comforted Annabeth together with Hazel who was visiting the camp due to the recent events.

"Percy," Chiron called him and Percy looked at Chiron in shock.

He opened and closed his mouth like a fish. "Mr. Brunner, you're a horse?" Percy asked.

The campers stiffled their laughs while some snickered despite the situation. Even Annabeth smiled a little.

Chiron coughed. "Mr. Brunner was just a pseudonym, Percy. My name is Chiron and I am a centaur.  I would appreciate if you won't call me a horse."

"Right." Percy nodded and looked at the other campers as he stared at them in wonder.

"Let's take this talk to the Big House shall we?" Chiron motioned and we followed after him.

-----------------------------------

I AM SO SO SO SORRY FOR ABANDONING YOU GUYS FOR SO LONG.

A lot of things happened and I lost my reason why I write and my academic stuff also got in the way. And I can't promise to keep updating fast because there are a lot things happening in my life and I still haven't found that push I need to continue writing SO PLEASE FORGIVE ME.

However, I will try to write another update today and post it to try and make it up to you guys (though I don't think it will because I suck) and as soon as I get another free time, I will write more updates for you.

I am really sorry and I love you all especially if you will still read this despite my awful inactivity.