Your New Home

Your Perspective

You're sitting down at a kitchen table, a steaming piece of Butterscotch-Cinnamon pie on the table before you. Or, it had been steaming—it took so long for Frisk to tell her story that it's completely cool now. Not that it really matters to you. You're still trying to wrap your head around everything your little sister has just told you. And, according to her, it was just the abridged version.

"So, let me get this straight," you sigh, resting your elbows on the kitchen table. "After you fell down here, a talking flower—"

"F-l-o-w-e-y."

"—Flowey, tried to kill you, but you were saved by Toriel."

When you bring up her name, the motherly monster nods. Now that you can see her clearly, she doesn't look nearly as threatening. In fact, she's downright cuddly—almost like a giant rabbit that had been crossed with a goat.

"That's right, my child," she says.

"Then you crossed the entire Underground, trying to get back to the surface," you continue, "Which is riddled with puzzles and occupied with monsters."

"Mmmhmm."

"These monsters tried to kill you at first, as they needed your soul to escape the Underground, but you managed to make friends with them and get them to stop fighting before anything too dangerous happened."

"Mmmhmm."

"And when you eventually reached Asgore's castle, you realized that you needed a monster's soul to cross the Barrier. However, you didn't want to hurt anyone, so after beating Asgore, you decided that it was for the best that you stay down here."

"...Mmmhmm." This time, your sister's murmur of affirmation sounds a little bit guilty. You try to get her to meet your eye, but she refuses to look at you.

"Oh, don't be like that," you say, poking her on the nose. "I don't blame you, Frisk."

She looks up at you, a questioning look on her face. You smile, hoping that it doesn't look as fake as it feels.

"I understand. I mean... it sounds as if you've made a lot of really good friends down here. And if it meant you had to kill someone to get back to me... well, I wouldn't want you to become a murderer for my sake."

Frisk cheers up at that, but it feels as if your heart is sinking. You know that everything you said is true, but the fact remains that Frisk... Frisk still chose these two-day-old friends over you, her own sister. The selfishness of your own feelings disgust you, but you can't help how you feel. Frisk is the only family you have left. If you hadn't fallen down here... chances are you'd have lived out the rest of your life on that mountain. Alone.

"Anyway," you say, picking the story back up. "Then this Flowey person took the power of the six souls that the monsters have already collected, and tried to kill you in order to take your soul, so he could become a god of sorts."

"Mmmhmm."

"You somehow managed to defeat Flowey. You then retrieved the six souls and gave them back to Asgore, who you had previously saved from Flowey's assassination attempt."

"Mmmhmm."

"You spared Flowey."

"Mmmhmm."

She didn't even hesitate in affirming your statement. You sigh slightly, marveling at your sister's resilience. But if your sister decided that the murderous flower deserved mercy, then that was good enough for you. Well... so long as it doesn't try anything else.