The Human Snowman

Your Perspective

The moment you close the door to Papyrus's house behind you, you can't help but collapse against it, releasing a breath you hadn't known you'd been holding.

That could have gone better, you think with a slight sigh. 'Do you need someone to talk to?' Really?! I hardly even know the guy, and that's what I come up with?!

You put a hand to your face, trying to fend off the blush that you can feel spreading across it. You got carried away, just like always. You don't know what it is about you, but you can't stand seeing other people in such desolate places. Maybe it's because it reminds you too much of those times... those times when...

Stop thinking about it, you tell yourself firmly. That... that happened a long time ago. There's no use dwelling on it. We don't need them—we're getting on fine without them.

You shake your head to clear it and stand up, turning for a moment to glance at the upper windows of the skeleton brothers' Christmassy house. Even if it was a little awkward and over-the-top, you hope your speech did some good.

You could practically feel the depression oozing from that room. And if your experiences are anything to go by, if this Sans person is depressed enough to lock himself in his room... well, he's probably considering radical actions to escape it, just like you did. You can still remember that day, when you'd almost decided that life wasn't worth it anymore. You can still remember the feeling of cold steel in your palm, your hand shaking as you were about to pull the trigger...

"HUMAN!" Papyrus calls, waving to you. "YOU HAVE PERFECT TIMING! FRISK SAYS SHE NEEDS A MODEL FOR HER SNOW SCULPTURE! ...OR, AT LEAST I THINK SHE DID! I CAN'T UNDERSTAND HER VERY WELL."

Frisk and Papyrus are over in a clearing adjacent to the skeleton bros' house, and are busily shaping piles of snow. Well, Papyrus is, at least. Your sister seems to be a bit... uninspired, you guess.

"A model?" you ask.

"MmmHmm," Frisk confirms, running over and taking your hand. She leads you over towards Papyrus and positions you on a very well-shaped pedestal of snow. She looks over you critically and the grabs your arm, carefully placing it on your hip.

"Frisk?" you ask.

"Mmm!" she exclaims. "Don't move!"

She positions your other hand like the first, and then asks you to puff your chest out. You reluctantly agree, feeling rather silly. After a few minor adjustments, Frisk looks you over again and nods, apparently happy with your super-man like pose.

"Stay still!" she commands.

"SO, (Y/N)... HOW DID IT GO?" Papyrus asks while Frisk starts to coat your feet in snow.

"I'm not sure," you sigh, unable to look the skeleton in the eye. "He didn't say anything."

"OH..." Papyrus says quietly. You try to figure out what to say to the skeleton to cheer him up, but nothing comes to mind.

"WELL, WE DON'T NEED HIM!" he exclaims indignantly, non-existent eyebrows somehow lowering over his eye sockets. "FRISK NOW HAS A PERFECTLY GOOD MODEL TO WORK WITH, AND SO DO I!"

"Oh yeah?" you ask, trying to ignore just how cold the snow Frisk's placed against your calves feels.

"YES," he says proudly. "ME!"

He unveils a half-finished snow sculpture of himself that had been previously hidden underneath his scarf.

"W-wow P-Papyrus," you say, teeth starting to chatter. "That's r-really good."