chapter 15

Max's POV

I lead Angel into my room where she plopped herself onto my be with a heavy sigh. I walked over to her and sat on my floor next to where she sat on my bed. I then leaned my head against the side of my bed.

"So what happened?" I asked softly.

Angel sniffed.

"He said he cant date anyone who's friends with a and I quote 'a damn werewolf'. He told me he was a hunter and he was playing me just so he could get to you." Angel whispered. "He thinks you and I are mates."

"We're not but my twin brother...the guy you were sitting next to in the living room is yours. You see twins have the same mate but only one of them will be the true mate while the other is in search of the other mate that would be their true mate." I said softly.

"But the girl you walked in with was his mate." She protested.

"But I'm her true mate." I sighed.

"Does he know that?" She asked.

"No, he doesn't." I managed to whisper. "I promise Alix I'd find Noah's mate...his true mate so she and I can be together."

"You love her but this is the first time you've talked about her." Angel whispered.

"We found out a few hours ago." I whispered and stood.

I began pacing the langeth of my room.

"You don't want Noah touching her tonight, do you?" Angel asked.

I nodded.

"She doesn't want him touching her either now that she knows I'm her true mate." I said. "Damn I don't know what to do."

"Why not tell him the truth?" She asked.

"Angel he wont listen expecally now that his best friend is his mate. He loves herand will protect her from guys like me. There is no way in hell he'd let me near her after the truth is out. He would most likly want to try and kill me."

"But what id I was there, though?" Angel asked looking up at me as I stopped in front of my bed.

I picked her up in my arms squeezing her tightly.

"Damn I love that briliant mind of yours, Angel." I laughed putting her down on the ground. "Come with me. I have to go tonight. I have to go now."

Angel smiled.

A peircing scream rippled through the night sky air. I knew immediatly that it was Alix. My heart pounded in my chest as I rushed to the door swining it open, I was down the hall and outside running toward her scream. Angel tried following but was too slow compared to the speed I have know the blood of a werewolf runs through my vains. Anyway I was to determind to get to Alix to listen to Angel yell at me a few times to slow the fuck down but that just incuraged me to pick up my speed.

Alix's POV

When Noah and I got home I went straight to the bathroom to take a shower. I looked at Noah's mark on my neck, well I was more like glaring at the mark. I wanted it to be Max's mark. I felt tears sting my eyes. I quickly turned the shower on and pulled of my clothes. The water from  the shower would soon be hiding my tears. And if and when I stepped out it wouldn't look like I had been crying in the shower.

Hey Alix, you hungry? I heard Noah ask me mentally.

No I'm not hungry, you can go ahead and eat though. I told him.

Okay. Oh and um Alix?

Yeah?

I love you. He told me.