chapter 35

Alix's POV

I awoke hearing a loud piercing scream. Max was already jumping out of the bed and to the door by the time I sat up.

I slid out of bed and followed and followed Max, or tried to since he was already gone. I went outside where everyone seemed to be gathering.

I gasped.

It was the father of a set of twins Jacen was friends with. The twins I think were James and Jamie. The father... I think his name was Nick. Anyway, Nick was on his back panting as the ground soaked in his crimson blood that began to make a large pudd;e around him.

"They... they're here!" He gasped before his entire body stilled and and his head slumped to the side.

Both Jamie and James were cyring but ayoung woman who was also crying held them back.

"No!" They both cried trying to get free.

A large growl ripped through the crowd.

"Brandon!" Max growled.

"Yes?"

"Go get Fisher!" Max growled, "And the pack doctor!"

"Yes, sir." Brandon said.

Max by now was trying to revive Nick. His pants were soaked with blood along with his hands. Max ws trying his best to revive Nick but nothing seemed to be helping.

The pack doctor ran over to the two dropping down to his knees beside Max. He then took over with trying to revive Nick just as Max..... nothing happened.

The doctor looked up with a saddened look on his face.

"I'm sorry." He whispered just as another man walked over to him.

It was Max's leader of his fighter team.

"Go and get the fighters ready!" Max snapped and fliched when he did.

Fisher nodded and ran off.

Max POV

I had helped the doctor and Brandon burry Nick's body as his mate and two kids sobbed together as they watched us burry him. The twins stumbled over to where their father lay. They dropped to their knees and began to sob again.

"Well, well, well." A voice said from behind me after both Brandon and the doctor left.

I stood and turned just in time to see a buch of people standing behind an older looking man.

"Max!" Alix cried running out of the house and into my side.

Alix gasped when she saw the man in front of us.

"Austin I want my pack back." She demanded.

Austin. This was the man that would give my mate he pack. I was more angry then anything else but i was also thankful. Austin was the one who was crazy enough to give a date for Alix and Noah to be wed and be parents. They left and came here. And Alix found me.

"Have you and Noah wed and had a child?" He asked.

"Noah wasn't my true mate." Alix answered.

"That's what I hear." Austin said. "But who is and did you keep our agreement in mind?"

Alix flinched but nodded.

"Max is my mate, my husband, and the father of my triplets." Alix said, shrinking into my side.

"Would you mind showing the wedding band and let me see the babies?" Austin said.

I tightened my arms around Alix.