CHAPTER 5

*New and Improved Version*

The weight was heavy. Very heavy. And I still had not passed the waterfall yet. I glanced up and was afraid it might rain today. I tried to drag the heavy load of chunk and soon made it to the waterfall but had not the energy to move on. The situation was hopeless.

I remembered my hateful uncle who died of lung cancer said, "There are ups and downs in life. Whenever happiness comes to you, the worst moment always appears just around the corner."

I gave a sad sigh and felt a drop on my nose. My prediction was right. After an hour of dragging and catching breath, the sun had gone as thunder stole its stage. With the last strength of energy, I pulled the dead deer under a tree to take shelter then, collapsed on the ground far away from the meat. With lightning illuminating the sky, it was pretty dangerous whenever I watched it strike elsewhere.

I had no choice, I ran out of energy. As the wind blew and the rain poured, I watched as raindrops fell down from leaves to leaves and lastly on the wet earth.

My tongue clicks, following rhythm of raindrops. When was the last time I sat in peace?

Rain fell heavily and through the cracks of lightning, I heard a sound traveled far away. It came closer and closer until my ears picked up the sound clearly and it was calling my name. The sound made my mouth snap shut, not letting out a word.

~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~
I am sorry this chapter is short. Please check for grammar mistakes, I am counting on you! Overall, I think it is kind of lame. I really hope it gets better with you readers helping me.

~NSAN~
~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~*~~~~~~~