CHAPTER 6

*New and Improved Version*

My heart dropped as the sound came closer. But then, it stopped and no more voices to be heard. I lie down on my back.

Must be my imagination...

Maybe I was feeling dizzy or experiencing a hallucination because of the flashing of lightning that blinded my eyes. Until I heard a stick breaks in the shower of rain and the slow crunching of soggy twigs. I got up and took out the bow. In the rain, I saw blurry figures moving and I shoot them. No sounds of pain screeching abrupt outside.

With my heart thumping loudly, I stepped out bravely in the rain. The blurry figures suddenly split from a group into two human shapes and it made me remember the time when my old science teacher lectured about the particles of solid that had been separated and became gas particles. The figures moved slowly as I stopped in my track, holding the bow and arrow at a steady position.

I moved again, towards them for courage overtook my brain. However, when I came nearer to them, both figures had vanished and left me puzzled. All of a sudden, I was sure I was hallucinating. Blame it all on the lightning.

"What?" I swung around wildly, searching for them. How could they possibly disappear like that? Without a trace too!

An anxious feeling crept inside my heart that someone was behind me and before I faced that person, a sharp pain stung right on my head and I fell down to the wet ground, lying unconsciously.

.......................

I awoke to the sound of a Bee Hummingbird's beating wings which had hovered past me. Before opening the two green colored eyes of mine, I stretched like a cat and sat up at once. I could not believe what I was seeing.

From outline shapes of blur to a sharpened vision, 7 inches from me where a set of pure blue eyes that belonged to a familiar person with brownish hair, was William. He had an intense look and was squatting. As soon as everything I saw was real, he changed into a grin like a Cheshire cat. He always does.

Everyone was there. There was Sam with a bleach blonde hair and Levi, standing beside whilst pushing her spectacles up that previously slid down to her nose. That angry cat Tatum was sitting on a rock, tying her red hair and Kate, the only Brunette was beaming at me. Lastly was John, sitting at the opposite side of Tatum and holding a wooden pencil in his hands nervously.

William helped me to get up and I noticed two missing survivors, our friends. Hokuto and Maya.

"Where are those two Japanese twins?" I asked William and he said that they were gone and maybe got lost after the helicopter crashed.

"Where is the aircraft?"

"Broken. Somewhere underneath boulders."

"How did that happened?" I asked him, raising an eyebrow.

"Let's just say, everyone panicked and Kate was going in for a landing when thunders and storms suddenly come, striking us with a lightning and the aircraft crashed. But we jumped off before the jet plummeted, and with the help from parachutes for each of us, we landed safely here. Somehow those twins went missing. Blame it on the fierce wind."

"Maybe we can find those twins by searching this island."

"We can't risk losing more people. Both ways of searching people by a party and individual are extremely dangerous," William continued on. "If party, we will easily get caught by a group of strangers and if searching for them individually, we will all end up lost."

"Who's the group of strangers?" I asked again.

He stopped talking and continued on his work; sketching places where he had went on the island. My heart turned green with envy every time he sketched because they were so realistic and beautiful although it was drawn simply by hand.

Plus, I hated when he ignored me. I pouted and touched the spot where I had been hit and twitched, letting out a soft but painful moan at the same time.

That attracted him. William gazed up at me and smiled, "Tatum had hit you hard isn't it?"

I was perplexed and he immediately explained the matter.

"Last four days, before you sent that signal, we came upon a group of mixed ethnics, armored with weapons. The leader, I forgot his name, wanted Kate for a reason but they refused to tell. We broke off running away from them after giving punches and kicks at them. So right now, I think they are looking out for her, probably obsessed with her."

"We had to be careful with every steps we took," Tatum joined in. "It's risky and when you sent me that signal, we were very aware of your presence. That's why when I and William went hunting yesterday and saw you, I had to hit you to prevent you screaming and attract attention."

Tatum glanced at me and said, "Sorry for causing you pain twice. First, you fell out of the plane when I accidentally hit your nose. Second, because I clocked you hard."

I nodded my head and understood what was happening. Immediately, I gave my order to them.

"We need to search for Hokuto and Maya. Protect Kate and get the bloody hell out of this island as soon as possible. It gives me the creeps."

They both stared at me and nodded approvingly.

Do remember to

Follow NSAN21,

Vote for I SURVIVE TRILOGY,

And Comment.