CHAPTER 22

The passing of a hummingbird's flapping wings woke me. The sun was high in the sky, it was afternoon. I stretched lazily whilst poking William.

After making sure there were no more sleepyheads, I swam in the cold, deep water near the fall. Then, out I went and ate a chickem sandwich. It was such a lazy day.

John informed us that we were running low on food. Maya then spoke that there were lots of food supply that we could fetch from our crashed helicopter. After our wheels in our mind turned a bit, I started to give task to each of us.

Maya and Levi would find the helicopter and brought more food. Sam and Tatum will follow us along with me, John and William.

"Head east and you will meet a town, go to the big gate unseen and we will group there," Maya said.

We did as told and soon saw a big gate at the far end of the town, opposite us. The town was full of our enemies.

"It's impossible to go through them," John said.

"Oh no, we are not going to go through them," Tatum replied and winked at me.

"What?" I raised my eyebrow. "You don't mean, climb the building?"

Tatum nodded and left us as she and Sam went right. We had to turn left then. It was noisy with the baddies laughing and joking whilst drinking bottles and playing cards.

But it was easy to passed through them unseen. John suddenly saw something that attracted his attention. "I would like to go and examined those weapons inside that small building."

"You're crazy or something? You might get caught," William hissed at him.

I think that was an opportunity to shake John off my back. "Let him be William, go on to your happy place John."

John scurried to his happy place gleefully. I tiptoed on, and suddenly halfway to the gate, a big and long green, wire fence blocked us.

I told my brother to stay put as I looked for another way. It was a long fence that prevent anyone going to the other side. Until I came upon a tall, wooden mixed cement building. It was the only building that was built between the other side that we needed to go and the area that we had put our feet on it. It had a hole fit for a human and water formed in front of it.

My mind thought of a drain hole whilst I went inside. It was waist-deep and I safely waded in it slowly. Voices were thrown above me. All of a sudden, my ears picked a familiar voice. It came among the husky voices.
Immediately, I knew it was Hokuto.

I stopped and listened to the conversation. And the sound of a bomb blew off. John!