7:Cody and Zack Martin (Message From Your Heart - Kina Grannis)

You sat there in the lobby of the ship, mindlessly popping mint candies into your mouth, only half listening as London babbled on about the latest fashion, “-actually really annoyed. I mean, how can someone put frills and sequence on the same piece of clothing? That’s just, like, people don’t do that anymore.”

You sat up straighter, leaning back into the chair as London paused, finally realising you hadn’t reacted to her speech within the past five minutes.

“You know, those mints are packed with calories. You’re going to gain a bunch of weight if you keep chugging them down like that.” She waved her hand around in the air to make a point.

You swallowed the candy you had been busy chewing on, shifting your gaze across to London with a blank expression, “I guess you’re right.”

She rolled her eyes, exasperated at your attitude. You had been in this state for the past few days, and London was getting quite sick of it. Using the handle, the rich girl swung her handbag into the side of your stomach.

“Ow! London, what was that for!?” You yelled, wrapping your arms around your torso in pain.

London sighed, a solemn expression appearing on her face, “_(Name)_, you need to get over this. You need to get over him. This isn’t good for your health.”

You grumbled while rubbing your side, standing up to meet London’s level of height.

~*~

“Hey there, Cody!” You chided, practically skipping across the Sky Deck to meet the blonde twin, who was hunched over and busy studying – as per usual. He barely looked up from the text book as he greeted you, “Hey _(Name_).”

You sat down at the table for two, placing two tall cups of smoothies on the splintering surface of the faded table.

. . .

You cleared your throat after a minute, pushing one of the cups towards him so it invaded his view, “I convinced Zack to let me make you your favourite flavour. Minus the usual unwanted pips, of course. Why don’t you take a break and we can go have a game in the arcade?”

Cody grunted while picking the purple hued cup up off the table before taking a long sip from the straw. His eyes never left the page of his text book.

‘Don't break me, I bruise easily

The source of both your love and misery’

You nervously turned around in your chair, looking back to the Smoothie Stand, where Zack was leaning against the counter, watching you with an expression you couldn’t quite read. Noticing your gaze, he raised a hand and flapped it, telling you to keep going.

“So, is that a yes or. . .?” You questioned, turning back to see that Cody had miraculously finished off the smoothie.