8:Ienzo (Sharada - Skye Sweetnam)

‘Once upon a time there was a girl,

You wouldn’t really call her typical,’

Your black, converse rip-offs padded against the metal flooring as your white lab coat swung from the artificial breeze that was passing by. _(e/c)_ hues focused with thin, rectangular black-brimmed glasses stared down at the clipboard in hand as you continued down the hall, flipping a page and scribbling something on the next. You sighed, pausing in your walk and clipping your pen onto the pocket of your dark skinny jeans. Annoyingly enough, you had just fifteen minutes until you could make it back home to read your fantasy novel.

Sixty-two more pages, and then you were finally done with the latest book of the series. . .

Eugh, why was it that time seemed to drag on longer the closer you got to your designated point!?

Dropping the clipboard, and therefore your arm, to your side, you turned left and entered a room that was quite familiar. You discovered Even slightly hunched over across the expanse of space, typing away at a keyboard and staring blandly at a monitor, as per usually. The older man had heard the door open and glanced up, instantly spotting your reflection on the monitor’s screen. A smile graced his face as you waved slightly.

“Hello there, _(Name)_. I was expecting you. Did you have any success with your experiment?”

Your lips quirked up at the edges as you nodded, “Only slightly. The hearts reacted as per usual, but the last time I managed to collect some more data. The readings detected another type of energy being formed other than the darkness used to create Heartless.”

“Oh? I’m fairly impressed. Would you let me see the statistics, then?”

You nodded, moving closer to the man and handing him the clipboard. You never knew why Braig was always teasing him about the man being a supposed pervert. Yes, you could concur that he was quite . . . odd, with his purple ascot and all, but what dedicated scientist wasn’t? Either way, you found him more on the cool if anything.

‘Had her own definition of cool,

She lived in her own world,’

You glanced down at your unbuttoned lab coat and spied the v-neck argyle print vest, featuring your favourite colours. The vest was pulled over a white, short sleeved blouse. It was your usual attire, and no doubt Braig spoke about you behind your back as well. It wasn’t just because of your attire, however. You really were quite strange – you were completely academic, yet you still loved to read hardcore fantasy stories, and to top it all off you were a hopeless romantic. Though, you kept that last tid bit of information on the down low.

You would never let Braig of all people find something like that out, and whatever he may say about you behind your back, you couldn’t care less about. He was just a minority in your life, after all.

“I wasn’t quite able to obtain any more statistics other than that, but I’m sure your trained eye can discover some kind of clue in the readings I did manage to get, something I wasn’t able to spot.”