Chapter 9

10/8/15
Annie's POV
"Oh you can't be serious." My parents say. "What do you mean by that? Are you not happy that I'm finally happy for once. First I loose Caleb, now you guys won't let me be happy!" I storm off to my room. My parents don't even bother to come after me.

"Annie?" Hayley comes after me to my room. I let her in. "Please tell me what's wrong." She whispers. "Brennan asked me to be his girlfriend, and mom and dad are really mad. They just don't want me to be happy for once." I start to cry. I throw myself on the bed and curl up to Caleb's blanket I took from his bed. My door slowly opened.

"Hey Hay, can Annie and I be alone for a minute?" She jumped up happily and let us talk. "Please talk." He rubbed my back. "They don't care about me.  They just want me to be miserable and never get to be happy again." I cry. He hugs me tight.

"They talked to me. They're afraid I'm gonna hurt you more than Caleb did by leaving. I promised them and I'm promising you I never will hurt you. I'm always gonna be by you no matter what. I love you guys too much to hurt you." I hugged him and didn't let go. "Do you want to go see Katie?" I nodded.

We took Hayley, so she could see  Ryan. We all think there is something going on between them. I threw open Katie's room door scaring her. "Oh my gosh Annie you scared the crap out of me!" She jumped up to hug me. "How are you?" She pushed me away asking.

"I've definitely been better. How are you?" "Wellllll" she said. "I've been talking to a boyyy." I was shocked. She moved on from Caleb so fast. "Oh really? Who?" I asked. "The new trainer at gym, Kyle. His son Shane."

I've never met Shane. "He's asked all three of us "couples" to go to the drive inn tonight. Me, you, Brennan, Hayley, and Ryan. It'll be like a date." I agreed to going and went home to get some blankets and sweatshirts.

We met Katie and Shane at the drive inn. We all piled up in the back of his truck. Brennan and Shane went in to get popcorn and snacks. "He's cute." I said. "I know" she shouted of joy. They came back and gave us our food. The movie started. We were watching "Unfriended" I've never been okay when it comes to scary movies. A killer jumped out and I ended up in Brennan's lap.

"It's okay. It's just a movie." He held me tighter. He was scared too. I threw the blanket over my face. "I can't watch." I heard screams of "please don't kill me. I don't want to die!" I've heard that before. Where have I heard that... Caleb!!! Caleb screamed that right before he died. I started sobbing.

"Annie? What's wrong? It's just a movie!" Katie and Shane shouted. "It's not the movie." Hayley and Brennan said. "Oh no. Annie I'm so sorry. I didn't know." Shane rubbed my back. I cried harder. Hayley ended up crying in Brennan's lap as well.

Ryan, right next to her holding her hand. "We need to go." Brennan said. "I-I'm f-fine" I cried. "No you're not. We're leaving." He knew me so much.

Hayley stopped crying and wanted to stay. I hugged Shane, Katie, Ryan, and Hayley good night as Brennan took me home.

I need a Brennan in my life tbh. Thanks for reading XX B 💜