I Feel Lucky Every Day I Spend With You - Chapter 8

Chapter 8

I waited for Megan at school; I agreed to meet at school her at school rather than walking her to school, like normal.

As soon as I saw I walked up to her, pulling her into a tight hug, my heart racing.

“Liam, what’s wrong?” She said, I could tell she was worried.

“Let’s sit down.” I mumbled, interlocking our finger and leading her to the grassy hill by the parking lot. I sat down, placing her hand in my lap and tracing small circle on her palm.

“Liam you know you can tell me anything?”

“I know. I just know this is going to hurt you and I don’t want to hurt you. If there was any other way, I would take it but I don’t think there is.”

“Liam what is going on?” Her voice was shaking and I knew she was about to cry. I was scaring her. I hated this so much.

“Ok, just please let me get the whole way through this before you speak, because if you stop me, I don’t think I’ll be able to say it and I need to say it. I don’t want to, but I have to.” I muttered, looking deep into her eyes which were filled with fear. “I am so sorry Megan. You know Jenny had to talk to me yesterday?” She nodded, “She’s pregnant Megan.”

 I blurted out, my eyes leaving hers and staring at her hand, which still lay in my lap. “It’s mine obviously. I know what it’s like to be raised without a father, my mum had me at eighteen too and her boyfriend just left her. I’m not going to be like that, there is no way I would just abandon my son. My mum always told me how hard it was but she never regretted anything. I know if I leave Jenny, I will regret it. I know it’s going to be hard, I mean I’m only eighteen but I’m going to be there for her and my son or daughter. And if I am going to be there for her properly and still finish school, I’m not going to have time for you.”

 I paused and looked at her as her face dropped, she knew what was coming and it broke my heart, “I’d rather end this now when things are good or let the inevitable happen and break up later. I wish things were different, I really do because I really was falling for you and I need to now I don’t want to do this, I can’t imagine not being able to hold you in my arms. I can’t imagine my life without you. I know we haven’t been going out long but I just need you to know that. I am so sorry.”

 I finally looked up at her. A single tear tricked down her cheek, I reached and brushed it away with my thumb.

“I really was falling for you too but I know why you’re doing this. Some guys would have just left her and let her struggle on her, I think it’s amazing what you are doing and I think only a strong guy like you would be prepared to give up his childhood for this, because not everybody would. I know we won’t be going out but if you ever need to talk, I will always be here for you, no matter what. You can count on me, because as hard as it may be, having you in my life as a friend is better than not at all.” I looked at her, my mouth hung open. Only Megan would be this nice, she truly was an amazing girl and I was lucky to be with her, even if it was for such a short time.

“You truly are amazing you know that?” I whispered. She smiled, weakly before pulling me into her arms. I hugged her tightly .She pulled back and gazed into my eyes. I couldn’t help but kiss her one more time. I leaned in, and pressed my lips against hers once last time. When we finally pulled away, I smiled sadly before getting up and pulling her up with me.

Megan’s POV