I Feel Lucky Every Day I Spend With You - Chapter 11

Chapter 11

Liam’s POV

I just stood there, watching her run away. I can’t tell you. The words filled my mind. What did she mean she couldn’t tell me? Did that mean she still liked me; I hope it did. My throat was tight and I knew she was slipping away, why had I broken up with her? I regretted it every day. I felt my eyes welling up and was just about to leave when Luke came up to me.

“Hey Liam, what happened? Why did Megan leave crying?” Worry filled his voice.

“I messed up.” Was all I managed to mutter.

“Liam, what happened?”

“She was making out with some guy, it just made me so angry. That should have been me! So I dragged him off her, she got really mad. Then I begged her to take me back. So basically completely embarrassed myself.”

“So she didn’t take you back then?”

“No.” I growled, “She said she still liked me but couldn’t get back together with me.”

“Seriously? Why?”

“I don’t have a clue.” My voice broke at the end of the sentence.

“Do you want me to talk to her for you?” I looked up at Luke and smiled, it wasn’t a proper smile, but it was all I could manage right now.

“Would you mind?”

“No problem. I know how much she means to you.”

“Thanks! I owe you one.” I chirped, suddenly hopeful. I knew Luke might not find out why, but it was better than nothing. I had to get her back, she still meant everything to me andI wasn’t letting her slip away without a fight.

Megan’s POV

I was still mad at Liam on Monday. Adam may have been my chance at finally getting over him and he ruined that. How did he think he had the right to do that?

I marched into school, making my way straight to my locker. I stuffed my books into my bag and turned around, nearly walking straight into Luke.

“Sorry, I didn’t see you there.” I mumbled.

“Can I talk to you?”

“Ok. Shoot!” I chirped, slightly confused at how nervous Luke had sounded.

“Ok” he said holding my wrist and pulling me into the closest empty classroom. “You know Liam?”

“Well yes, I have heard of him.” I smirked.

“Whatever. Look he feels so bad about what happened on Saturday. You know he only does it ‘cause he still cares?”

“No.” I mumbled.

“Well he did. He loves you so much. He has never been as happy as when he was with you. This whole thing has brought him so down. He knows he fucked up, but he wants to make it up to you, you just need to give him a chance.”

“If that’s true, why are you telling me and not him?”

“This is what he wanted to tell you last night. I know you still like him, so why don’t you?”

“I can’t”

“Why not?”

“I can’t tell you.”