Chapter Seventeen

"What happens if she tells people that we did something" I asked him. He looked so calm which was completely the opposite of me, cause i could feel the worry lines forming in my forehead.

"Well we know the truth, so it doesn't matter what people think" He replied.

"But-" I started.

"No butts" He smirked as he brought his fingers to my lips and gave me a look similar to one my dad would give me. At this i couldn't help but start laughing, which caused him to laugh a little too.

"Okay fine" I said finally. He walked me outside to my moms car now that the situation with his friend was figured out and our friendship was restored.

"Oh Kyle honey do you need a ride?" My mom asked once we reached the car.

"Umm sure" He smiled with a shrug. We climbed in the back and headed for his house sitting in awkward silence.

While we were driving i rested my head on his shoulder and he wrapped his arm around my back. I guess crying in a janitors closet really makes you tired. But i still couldn't help the butterfly attack that took over my stomach even as I felt myself slowly falling asleep.

****

"Aww they're so cute" I heard someone giggle. I slowly began to open my eyes to see Kyle's mom and my mom looking at me and Kyle with cameras in there hand. What the heck? I looked at Kyle to see he was sleeping to. I smiled and began to wake him up.

"What?" He said.

"Were dropping you off" I laughed. He realized my mom and his mom were watching him and he crawled out of the car.

"Bye" I said. He turned around at my words and kissed me on the cheek not caring that our moms were watching us. My face blushed and i looked away.

"See yah" He laughed.

After a few more minutes of our moms talking, my mom finally decided it was time to go.

"You guys are so cute" She smiled with approval.

"Thanks" I replied as i looked out the window as the scenery blurred past my window. Suddenly i felt my phone vibrate and i looked at it to see it was from my mom. I looked at her with a raised eyebrow and she was smirking as she drove. I opened it to see the picture of Kyle and I sleeping in the backseat.

"Mom" I groaned.

"Your happy i did that, don't lie" She smiled. I rolled my eyes and looked out the window. Why do mom's always have to be right?

******

When we got to the hospital I decided to make a visit to the permanent residence area and see if Edwin was around.

"Looking for someone" I heard a familiar voice say.

"Do you just make a habit out of appearing out of no where" I asked turning around to face Edwin in the same hallway I had the first time.

"I just happen to be at the right place at the right time" he shrugged. I laughed before shaking my head.

"So how was your day?" He asked as we began to walk towards the permanent residence area.

"Eventful" I responded being as vague as possible.

"Sounds rough" he smiled.

"Hey Bryn come sit with us" a girl I had met yesterday called me over.

"Look at that you're already more popular than me" he smirked.

"Sucks to be you" I laughed before walking off to sit with the girls. It was just something about being around these people who knew exactly what I was going through, that made me feel like I wasn't so alone in this.