Baking

Today was a very special day, it was Crutchie's birthday! Davey made a list of everything they needed to do before he arrived back at the lodging house for his big birthday surprise. Davey had done most of the planning but he needed someone to make the cake. Davey did not want Race to bake it because he has no experience in cooking, and the last time he did, they all had to evacuate. And he did not want to give this job to Jack, because well he's just Jack, so Davey decided the best person to bake this cake would be Katherine. Katherine did need some help of course so she had Jack be her cooking assistant.

"Ok Jack can you pass me two eggs please?" Katherine spoke seriously as she read off Davey's extra precise recipe. She heard no reply. "Jack?" She turned to see Jack staring very interested at an egg.

"Do yous think the chicken came first or da egg?" He said turning to Katherine.

"Jack we don't have time for this, Crutchie will be back any time now we need to get this finished." She said grabbing the eggs out of his hand and cracking them into a bowl.

"Hey Katherine, what kind of cake is this anyways?" Jack said leaning against the counter not very interested in what they were supposed to be doing.

"It's chocolate cake, the best kind of cake!--- speaking of which, can you pass me the chocolate chips? They are ready to be added!"

Jack had a slight bit of worry on his face but then it quickly faded away into a smirk. "Umm I don think we have any left..."

Katherine sighed "what do you mean we don't have any left? I bought a whole new bag----Jack! You weren't supposed to eat the chocolate!"

He lifted his hands in defence "hey, when I see chocolate I eat it!"

Katherine sighed and went over to the pantry. "Ok well there isn't any chocolate left so I guess we can make some carrot cake?"

Jack looked at her in disgust "Gross! carrot cake sucks!"

"Well we wouldn't need to make it if somebody hadn't eaten all the chocolate!" Katherine answered sassily.

"Katherine! You know that's not my fault! When I spot chocolate, I eat it!" Jack spoke defensively.

"Why don't you eat this!" Katherine said while throwing a handful of flower into Jack's face, she started to laugh at his ghostly appearance.

"Real mature Katherine, real mature, you know I think I might be the most responsible one in this relationship." Jack answered.

Katherine continued to laugh then splat! Jack had crushed an egg right on the top of her head. "You did NOT just do that!" Katherine said seriously. Jack began to regret his decision but then was released when Katherine began to laugh again. "Davey was right, you should not be allowed in this kitchen."

Jack smiled and replied "yeah... Wait when did he say that!"

Katherine looked around and saw the huge mess they had made. "Ok let's clean this up then stop by the bakery and bring home the best chocolate cake they have!"

And that's exactly what they did. Davey never found out that they hadn't baked the cake and Crutchie had a wonderful birthday.