Ch. 8: Attempt to Escape

There I was, standing face-to-face with Howard. The two of us glared at each other. I retracted the wall behind him and started by shooting blue lasers at him with my dinosaur-like heads.

He dodged it like a professional though I think I have no right to compliment him. He is a general after all.

"What are you?" Howard asked, grinding his teeth as he kneels down while he was dodging.

"My name is Zante Lino." I replied, not anymore afraid to reveal my secret to this government official. I'll tell him before I kill his poor little soul.

"Zante Lino.... The one who murdered a lot of people... I thought that you were long dead!!"

"So my legend goes on for generations. I guess I scared those previous governments. Hehe."

Howard stealthily ran towards me, holding up a dagger. I saw the anger and fear in his eyes as he dashed to me.

I stepped to the side, dodging it. I kept on dodging it until there was one time that a move he made...can't be dodged.

He took another dagger and cornered me, each dagger in my two sides-- left and right. It was in the middle so I can't dodge it. He dragged me to a corner until he took the other dagger that he has all along! Smart.

I used my telekinetic ability and stopped him with invisible force. He doesn't seem to care and wasn't surprised.

I continue this for a few seconds before I pushed him with full force, landing his back on the wall.

Blood flowed out of his mouth, dropping the dagger. He knows that if it's in close range, I can easily dodge it. His previous plan failed so he took out two guns, Ebony and Ivory, and began shooting at me without holding back. He was serious about murdering me.

I ran away, the bullets following me. When I reached a dead end, I dragged the dagger to me and spun it around, reflecting them instead. Howard dodged the reflected bullets. He pulled the triggers again but none came out. It was out of bullets. He clicked his tongue and glanced at the dagger. He threw the guns away and took the single dagger lying on the floor and threw it at me.

Seriously?! Throw a dagger in front of me? I was able to dodge bullets from two guns and two daggers and then he goes and throw me a dagger!

I dodged to the side and saw Howard's plan... The dagger is a distraction and an object to conceal him from my line of sight while he dashes to me in full speed, just following the flying dagger.

Without any more second to react, he pounced at me, pinning me down the ground. He then professionally tied my arms to restrain myself using my abilities that Abaddon gave me. I was below him, helpless. He took out another dagger-- seriously, how many daggers does he have?!!

"Even though you're clearly stronger, I'm wiser... Remember... When you die, no one will save her." Howard raised the (supposedly) last dagger and a stab was heard from behind, his eyes suddenly widened out and blood waterfell down to the last inch of his body.

Ok, I shouldn't made a joke about this serious matter even though it's all in my head.

As Howard fell down to his demise, I saw Sebastian standing behind him, wearing gloves, holding the fallen dagger. The dagger that Howard threw at me. He untied me using the dagger that I was holding and walked away from my sight towards the kitchen without saying anything.

"Butler, hey." I called out.

"I am not a butler. I am merely a chauffeur." He replied, not looking at me. He continued on walking towards the bar, holding his blood-stained gloves.