Ch. 24: The Big Fight

Lunchtime.

We have a lot of free time, especially if it's lunchtime. The group is slowly breaking again, I think. I notice the way they act. They're aware of our "fight". I'd call it "one-sided" because I don't want this to happen. He was the only one who wants to fight.

I was making my way to the cafeteria when suddenly, I was pinned on the wall by a strong force. The lockers nearby made noises as I was pinned. Of course, the culprit is none other than Kanae.

"What do you want?!" I asked, hoping to make this quick. I don't want to skip the only time where I'm with the group.

"I want to kill you..." He threateningly whispered while hanging his head down. I'm scared to look at his head. There might be a reason why he decided to hang it down.

I trembled in fear and desperately held on to the wall behind me as my balance. I was openly scared. It was my true feelings. I wonder what he will do now that he knows that I'm afraid of him. Did he get what he wanted?

He slowly raises his head up and revealed his face. At this moment I knew about his bloodlust. It's an uncontrollable state now. It might be harder to fight him. He wanted to kill me for sure. He knows how and that's what scares me.

Before, we had a mutual trusting relationship. I trust that he wouldn't kill me, and he trusts that I wouldn't kill him despite that I have the upper hand by default. I don't want to kill Kanae nor "throw him away" from my life, as he puts it. And he didn't want to kill me. In fact, he's concerned about my well-being in general even though I'm very different from him.

That's why I like him...

He accepted me as a strong demon but to be honest, I sometimes need someone to care for me and tell me that I don't need to sacrifice myself to save someone. I just need to do it smarter.

I took a deep breath and looked at him sternly. I don't want to fight him. Keep that in mind. I just want to save him from that uncontrollable bloodlust he's having right now.

As he was about to punch me, I ducked and pushed him so that I can escape. I ran away as soon as he fell. I'm still heading to the cafeteria. I can hear him following.

"Why are you doing this anyway? What did I do to trigger you like this?" I desperately ask while running away. I hope he hears me. I hope he hears the voice of a girl who's about to cry. "What are you benefitting from this?"

"I'm not benefitting from this. I'm just merely showing my feelings towards you." He answered quite normally. I'm surprised.

"Why are you so mad at me?" I continued to ask him. "Did I do anything wrong?"

"You really are forgetting about me, huh..." He stopped. He stopped talking after that, he stopped running, he stopped everything he was doing. I stopped too to catch up on him. I don't understand what he's trying to say. "Nowadays, you keep your eyes on Carol."

"So what?! That's not something you should care about!" I stomped my foot in possible anger.

"Why are you ignoring other people when your eyes are fixated on him!" He shouted. "You didn't talk to me for about a week!"

"I was scared! I was scared of you. You were exhibiting your demon sides more cruel than before."

"You didn't trust me that I wouldn't kill you..."

I stayed silent. I was so mad that I want to break all his bones. I clenched my fists together, readying myself for a fight.

"You know what happened behind the scenes? I had a dream when I was recklessly sleeping on the classroom-- I was alone in a dark room where my doors and windows are boarded up. You know why? Because I think that you're mad at me and I don't want to add fuel to your anger by my existence..." I hang my head in a monotonous voice. I then raised my head in the same manner as what Kanae did earlier. "I trusted you and yet, by showing your bloodlust over nothing, it's hard for me to continue trusting you! You think it was hard for you? You think that playing my emotions to satisfy your experimentation about trust is a good reason for you to be angry? YOU FUCKING BROKE ME!!!"