Ch. 30: Peace

It was a wonderful day. Demons are attacking, people are screaming. On days like these, there is a lone man in jail. He misses his family so much...

His wife is dead, his daughter is on Earth, a place where he can't reach, and now he's stuck in a cage where he's unable to do anything. A poor man indeed. If only he knew that his daughter is soon going to be married with a human.

"King."

The King snapped out of his self-pitying thoughts as usual by a man that constantly visits his cell. This man constantly reports on what is happening around Earth. This can make him reassured that his daughter is indeed safe.

"Deane!" Abaddon exclaimed in surprise. He dashed to the bars of the jail. This is as near as he can get.

"King, Sallos told me that Celeste is going to be married soon." Deane obediently bowed.

"Oh? Is that so? Such great youth~~" Abaddon carelessly hummed.

"But Sir, don't you think she's too underaged to be married?" Deane asked in surprise. He's surprised that Abaddon can stay calm even if his one and only daughter were to be taken away from him.

"She's 130 years old in Earth. Besides, time goes differently between these two worlds." He calmly sighed.

"But--"

"If you're worried about me not being able to see her again, what do you think is happening now?"

Deane could only hung his head in silence. He could not think of a good comeback. It was at this time that he just realized how carefree the King really is, with reasons that are hard to argue. No wonder that Zante Lino likes the guy.

Deane silently nodded. "I may take my leave now." He excused himself. He was about to walk away but a ruin in schedule happened.

"Deane!" Abaddon called out. Deane swiftly turned around in accordance to his king calling out for him. "I forgot the reason why you can go from here to Earth and vice versa but not Celeste."

Deane looked at him dead in the eyes. He started to move his lips but only barely audible and visible. "She can't. It's not in her abilities nor knowledge. It's impossible."

"Then how can you? She has all the demon abilities!" Abaddon furrowed his eyebrows in confusion and anger. He denies that someone can do something the Royal Family can't.

"666 members can. It's to further the investigation." With that as a parting speech, he walked away.

Abaddon stared at the man who was not in sight anymore, now staring at an empty space...

"Abaddon!" A guard scolded, trying to pry off the claws that Abaddon buried deep inside the heavy, thick iron bars that are supposed to be containing him. Each cell in Hell Jail is customized to fit in the criminals' inability to escape. But since Abaddon is one of the members of the Royal Family, the family that has all the demon abilities combined, and because it's unexpected for a King to get jailed, there is no cell that can fit him so they have to build one for him and because of his optimistic personality and interference, Abaddon was given a low security jail but has a lot of guards guarding him.

Abaddon, upon hearing the guard's coarse voice, abruptly stopped. He was not harmed but the guard seems to be injured. Abaddon mopes his way back to his unbroken cell, into the shadows deep within.

"Jinn!" Another guard in patrol came running to his co-worker's aid.

"Raum..." Jinn whispered under his breath.

"Did he do something to you? You look injured." Raum flatly asked as he stared at the fallen Jinn, sitting below him with no concern whatsoever. Just plain curious.