CHAPTER-13

Two days were left for Aarav-Khushi's birthday. Manik had planned everything from the cake to the decorations.

Today he had to go to office for some urgent work as Raj was out of town. But he couldn't leave Aarav-Khushi at home alone.

Manik called Nyonika.

Nyonika- Manik.. How are you Beta?

Aur Bachche kaise hai.

Manik- I am fine Mom aur Bachche bhi ache hai.
Aap kaisi ho.

Nyonika- I am perfectly fine Beta. Itni subah subah kaise yaad kiya.

Manik- Mom as you know I have to attend an important meeting on Dad's behalf. And I can't leave the kids alone . So I was wondering if you could come over to my place and spend the day with them.

Nyonika- Sure Beta. Why not?
I will be there in an hour.

Manik- Thanks Mom.

Nyonika- Anytime Beta.

Manik got ready and went to the kitchen to get something to eat for the kids.

Aarav-Khushi got up and brushed their teeth by themselves and ran down shouting- Dadoooo bhook lagi hai.

Manik by then had got cornflakes with milk. He kept the bowls on breakfast table .

The kids came running to him and kissed his cheeks. He kissed them in return.
They sat on the chairs and finished their breakfast.
Just then Nyonika came and closed their eyes .
Nyonika- Guess karo mai kaun hu.

Aarav-Khushi recognised her voice and shouted in unison- Daadiiii....

Nyonika- Correct.

She hugged both of them.

Then she hugged Manik.

Manik- Mom I am already late. I will take your leave. Please take care of them.

Nyonika- OK Beta. All the best.

Manik- Thanks Maa I need it.

Before going he told Nyonika that he won't be able to come home for lunch as he has some important work.

Nyonika - OK no problem I will prepare food for the kids

( Manik had servants in his bungalow but he himself prepared food for the kids as he didn't want to compromise with their health and also he didn't want the kids to miss the food prepared by a mother)

Manik left for office after bidding bye to Nyonika and Aarav-Khushi.

Manik reached office and completed the meeting successfully. It was lunch time by now.

He quickly finished the pending work and went to Murthy Mansion as he had to take Padma to the detective agency.

He rang the doorbell and a servant opened the door.

He asked where Padma was. The servant said that she is in her room.

Manik said OK and went to her room.
He was passing by a room when he saw Nandini standing on a stool trying to get something from above the cupboard.

Nandini lost balance and was about to fall when Manik reached on time and Nandini fell in his arms. She closed her eyes tightly and shouted - Aaaa....

Nandini was shocked that she hadn't fallen down. She opened her eyes and saw that she was in Manik's arms.
Manik got lost in her eyes.

She immediately got down and looked down.

Padma heard Nandinis scream and came running to her room.

Manik's trance was broken when Padma asked Nandini- Nandu kya hua Beta . Tu chillayi kyu.

Manik excused himself and said to Padma- Maa mai car me apka wait kar raha hu. Jaldi aana.

Before going out he threw a glance at Nandini and walked away.

Nandini- Amma kuch nai hua mujhe. Mai stool se girne wali thi but Jiju ne mujhe bacha liya .

Padma- Dhyan rakhna chahiye na Nandu. Kahi chot to nahi lagi.

Nandini- Nai Amma I am fine. Aap jayiye.

Manik went and sat in his car. He closed his eyes and bent his head back to the seat and sighed.

He thought to himself- Ye kya ho raha hai mujhe. Why am I getting attracted to Nandini. Manik control yourself. This is wrong. You can't think in this manner about Nandini.... Control.

Meanwhile Padma came and sat in the passenger seat and said- Chale Beta.

Manik opened his eyes and said- Ji Maa chaliye.

They drove away to the detective's office.

Done with another update.

Guys did I rush things up. Was it too fast.

Please tell me through your comments.