CHAPTER-19

Manik was doing the decorations alone. He was blowing the balloons when Nandini came and said-

Jiju mai apki help kardu. Sab kaam aap akele hi karoge kya.

Manik - Yes I will manage tum jao.

Nandini- But Jiju thodi to help karne dijiye na.

Meanwhile Padma came and said- Haan Beta tum akele kaise manage karoge . Nandu help kardegi tumhari.

Manik couldn't say no to Padma so he had to agree.

Nandini- To batayiye kya karna hoga mujhe.

Manik thought that he had to keep her far away from him. So he gave her some work at the far end of the hall.

Nandini happily agreed and started doing the decorations.

Manik finished blowing the balloons and tied them together.

He then finished the remaining works and looked around to see how the decorations were looking. He smiled thinking how his kids would react to the decorations.

Manik looked at Nandini and found her struggling to reach the nail to fix the curtain to the pillar. She was making cute pouts whenever she jumped and failed to reach the height.

Manik started walking towards her to help.
Suddenly Padma came and said- Manik Beta kitni der se decorations kar rahe ho tum log. Thank gaye honge. Chalo khana khalo lunch time bhi hogaya hai. Chal Nandu tu bhi aaja.

Nandini- Ji Amma aap chaliye humlog bas ye finish karke aate hai

Padma nodded and left.

Nandini to Manik- Jiju ye mujhse nahi hoga. Please aap hi kardijiye na.

Manik- Theek hai Lao. Mai kardega hu. Tum jao khana khalo. Bhuk lagi hogi na tumhe.

Nandini- Haan bahut lagi hai.

Saying this she held her stomach.

Nandini- Aap bhi chaliye na.

Manik- Tum jao. Mai 5 min me aata hu.

Nandini- Theek hai jaldi aana warna Amma mujhe daantegi ki kyu apko leke nahi aayi.

Saying this she went away.

Manik smiled seeing her innocence.

They both had their lunch as everyone else had already had their lunch.

Nandini all the while kept talking about how excited she was to see Aarav-Khushi's reaction after seeing the decorations.

Manik kept stealing glances of Nandini while she was busy in her non stop talks.

After eating , Nandini brought ice cream for Manik.

Manik at first said no but then on her repeated requests he gave in .

Nandini was making all sort of pouts while eating ice cream. It was melting in her hands and she was licking her fingers while eating.

She finished her ice cream and was about to get up.

But Manik held her hand.

Nandini was confused as to why Manik stopped her.

Nandini- Kya hua Jiju.

Manik- Wo tumhare face pe icecream laga hai.

Nandini wiped her right cheek.

Manik- No the other side.

Nandini wiped slightly above the icecream stain and said- Nikal gaya kya.

Manik- No. Ruko mai karta hu.