Chapter 4: We Have To Go To Spain

It was a night at the San Angel Train Stop. The Posada Sisters are in their striped dresses and bonnets waiting for the train to arrive while the nuns sang "Adios, Maria, and Catalina." in melancholy.

"Adios, mijitas. Write soon." General Posada said, receiving kisses from both before he starts to cry and walks away. "I'm going to go over there."

Maria and Catalina turned to face Joaquin and Manolo and sighed. Once they leave San Angel, they won't be together anymore. All the fun times they shared altogether is what made them inseparable like there's tomorrow, but what's happening now acts as a brick wall. "I'm gonna miss you guys," Maria said as she hugs Manolo.

Catalina hugs Joaquin while holding back tears. "Me, too."

"We'll be here, waiting," Joaquin said reassuringly, patting her back.

"For as long as it takes," Manolo added.

"Don't ever stop playing, okay?" Maria spoke to Manolo after pulling away from her hug with a soft smile.

Catalina pulls back from a long hug with Joaquin and looks at him in the eyes, knowing that doing so will make her heart race. "And you, Joaquin. Don't you ever stop fighting for what's right." He nodded with a sense of determination.

Manolo hands the cardboard box to Maria. "I got you a present," he said, trying not to blush. "You should probably open it now."

...Gifts?

"Wait a second. We were supposed to bring gifts?" Joaquin asked, concerned about not bringing something nice for Catalina. He already felt like a jerk to her eyes. Maria eagerly opens the box to find the same cute baby pig they freed hours ago.

"I named him Chuy. He'll look after you."

"Oh. I remember you." Maria smiled taking Chuy out from the box.

"I figured you needed a little part of town to go with you."

She hugs Chuy a little closer like the gift she can never lose. A gift so cute to let go. "Thank you."

Catalina giggled at her sister and Manolo's moment. Deep down she knew they would make a great couple someday, but won't bother to say it aloud until the time is right. She would love to see their reaction.

Joaquin huffed. "Seriously, no one told me about bringing gifts."

"Aww, don't worry about that, Joaquin." Catalina then moves toward his ear to whisper. "You being here is the only gift I want before I go." Joaquin blushed slightly at what he heard that he chuckled.

"Can you hold Chuy for me?" Maria asked, offering her pet to Joaquin. He was reluctant at first but held the pig as she gives Manolo her gift. It was a rectangular box with a red bow.

"This is to make up for breaking your guitar," Maria stated, a sense of guilt hit her again while taking Chuy into her arms but it doesn't matter this time. At least the gift will make up for what happened even better.

Manolo takes the present and opens it to find a brand new guitar with designs of stars, a skull, and two hearts inside. He picks the wooden instrument up and flips to see a message on the side "Always play from the heart. -Maria."

HISS! "All aboard!" The train conductor shouted. Time has run out for the sisters to say their goodbyes.

"We gotta go." Catalina takes her sister's wrist and takes off running to the train entrance. Her blue striped bonnet was blown off from her head due to the wind.

"Don't forget us!" Maria cried.

"Catalina! Your bonnet!" Joaquin shouted, chasing after it.

The sisters found themselves a seat in one of the train cabins and sat across from each other. Maria held Chuy close to keep herself from crying while the train starts moving slowly, gaining speed.

"Maarriia!" Manolo yells while he ran. Maria looks at the window to see him carrying his guitar to show he will play his songs from the heart for her. "When you come back I will sing for you!"

His running slowed down, and Joaquin outran him to see Catalina also looking through the window. He triumphantly waves the bonnet to show her he will do what's right, even in the darkest of times.

"And I will fight for you!"

"Oh, Joaquin." Catalina blushed with a swoon.

The train departs from the train stop, heading its way to Spain.

"Now who's the blushing one?" Maria teased.

Catalina giggled. "Now don't start, Maria. I see how you and Manolo looked at each other when offering gifts."

Maria blushed slightly from the moment her sister brought up.

"Ha! Got you blushing as well."

They laughed.

"We may feel down, but we're ready for what's coming to us. As sisters." Catalina grins.

"Yeah. As sisters." Maria pets Chuy as the train gave out a whistle.

The Posada Sisters are ready for the change, for everything they must do to see their childhood friends and potential lovers again in the future.