Chapter 1. London!

Chapter 1. London!

“Finally we made it!” I turned to my best friend Cam, as we get off the plane at Heathrow airport in London. We have been planning for over a year now to move to London together to start fresh and the time finally came.

“I can’t believe we are really here, my god it feels so unreal.” Cam says to me as we make our way to get a taxi to our new home.

As we arrived at our new apartment it’s only a small 2 bedroom but it’s big enough for the both of us. It has a small balcony overlooking London and it is an absolutely breathtaking view. We end up fighting over who gets the room with the ensuite so we decide by a game of rock paper scissors which I win.

When we finish unpacking we decide to go out for dinner as we haven’t had time to do any food shopping. We walk around trying to find a nice place to have dinner which isn’t hard as our apartment is fairly close to the centre of London. We find a lovely restaurant just a few blocks away, it doesn’t look to busy so we hope we can get a table.

“Beth, I found our street! Look we finally found it!” Cam yells excitedly to me, finally we aren’t lost anymore. We are completely hopeless with directions. When we reach our apartment we have every intention of going straight to bed only to realize we haven’t put our beds together yet…

After hours of yelling, laughing and frustration we finally get my bed together and decide to leave Cam’s bed until tomorrow when we aren’t so jetlagged and grumpy. We both fall asleep straight away with smiles on our faces happy to finally be able to get the fresh start we both so badly wanted.

I woke up to the smell of toblerone pancakes which happen to be my favorite, a great start to the day. After breakfast we decide to put Cam’s bed together and unpack some more things then have a look around London and search where we would be starting a job the next week, hopefully we won’t get lost like we did the previous night. My friend Chloe was going to meet us and show us around London, I met Chloe through facebook about a year and half ago and she happened to live in England, so we had planned to meet up often when I finally moved and today was the day we would finally meet! Cam and I were so excited to finally meet Chloe in person instead of over the internet.  

Cam and I were sitting at Starbucks waiting for Chloe to arrive. “chloeeeeeeee!!” I yelled as I jumped out of my chair to hug her. “Hey Beth! It’s so great to finally meet you, you girls ready to see how a Londoner lives?” Chloe says as we walk out of starbucks onto the busy streets of London.