Chapter 4. The 'friend' date.

“Wait, so he asked you out?!” Cam practically yells as we walk home from work. “I just said that didn’t I” I roll my eyes as Cam starts to ramble on about how she wants to give me a makeover and such. “It’s a friend date, not an actual date so I was just going to where a dress and my converse…” I say cutting Cam off. “Ah no you’re not, friend date or not I’m giving you a makeover. Wait why is it only a friends date?” Cam questions after realizing what I had said. “You know I don’t date.” I state plainly. “Look I know Zac really hurt you but I really think its time to give relationships another go…” she looks at me like she’s afraid I’m going to blow up at her and I usually would but I know she is right. “I know I should but I want to be certain I’m not going to get hurt like last time, I don’t think id be able to make it through another heartbreak.” I say looking at the ground. “That’s why I’m going to get to know him first and be friends so I know for sure.” I continued as we reached out apartment building. “I’m glad you’re being careful and giving him a chance. You deserve to be happy.” Cam says opening the door to the apartment. We both collapse onto the couch as soon as we get into our apartment. “You deserve to be happy as well babe, maybe if things work out with Harry he might have a friend I can set you up with.” I say with a cheeky smirk. “Hahaha you’re not setting me up with anyone! You are the worst wingman ever!” Cam laughs, “I am not! I got you and Beau together.” I stated matter of factly. “Yeah and look how well that turned out” still laughing Cam throws a pillow at me from the other couch, “Hey you two were together for a good year!” I say back also laughing. “Yeah I’ll give you that I guess, now let’s get you ready.” Cam says as she gets up from the couch and walks towards my room. As I’m about to follow her, my phone beeps with a message from an unknown number. It read “Hey it’s Harry, What’s your address? I realized I can’t pick you up if I don’t know where you live…” I giggle before reply with my address and placing my phone on the bench and going to find Cam.  

 “Okay you’re ready!” Cam says pleased with her work on me. “Finally, it’s been like 2 hours Harry will be here soon.” I say as I start to pull on my converse Cam stops me, “What are you doing?! You can’t wear converse with a dress, you have to wear these” she says before running to her room, when she returns she has a pair of sparkly silver heels in her hand. “Uh they are mine, why do you have them?” I question as I recognize my favorite dress shoes. “I think I borrowed them and just forgot to give them back whoops.” I grab the shoes from Cam and I must admit they look good with the black lacey dress that Cam picked out for me to wear. I now have 5 minutes till Harry is due to be here, I walk into the lounge to watch TV but Cam stops me before I can sit “NO! Don’t sit down you’ll crumple your dress.” She says before lying on the couch preventing me from sitting down. “I’m going to have to sit down anyway what’s the difference?” I say before walking into the kitchen to retrieve my phone. “Yes but that’s later on, you don’t want your dress crinkled before the date even starts do you?” she replies while surfing the channels for something to watch “I guess not… what are you going to do all night while I’m out anyway?” I ask curiously, “I don’t know yet, maybe watch some movies and do some more unpacking as I haven’t really done much I still have heaps of boxes in my room” she says as she settles on the music channel. Just as I’m about to say a smartass comment I’m interrupted by knocking on the door, I start making my way towards the door only to be shoved aside by Cam. “What are you doing?!” I squeal as the quickly pushes past me. “I want to see his face when he sees how beautiful you look” she says as she opens the door. “Hey Ca- wow” Harry says as soon as he sees me behind Cam, “Thanks I think?” I give a small smile not sure whether it’s a compliment or not. “Told you that you looked amazing” Cam says proudly I scowl her before turning back to Harry, “Let’s go” I say before pushing Cam away and closing the door. Harry laughs as we start our walk to the restaurant.