Chapter 9. Family dinner

“We’re here” Harry says as we pull up to a small but lovely looking house. Just as Harry is about to knock the door flies open to reveal a beautiful young lady who I assume is Harry’s sister Gemma by the way her face is lit up he must not have been home for a while. “Harry!!” she excitedly says while pulling him in for a hug, Harry hugs her back without letting go of my hand. “Gemma, this is Beth, Beth Gemma” Harry says withdrawing from his sister’s embrace. “It’s so lovely to meet you Beth!” Gemma says pulling me in for a hug this time. Harry quickly pushes past Gemma dragging me along with him into the kitchen where his mother is cooking away, Harry lets go of my hand and sneaks up behind his mother hugging her from behind “Oh hello sweetie” his mum replies turning around to give him a proper hug. “You must be Beth, it’s lovely to meet you” Anne smiles while turning the stove off, “It’s lovely to meet you too, Harry has told me so much about you.” Harry turns to me “babe do you still need the bathroom?” I awkwardly nod as Harry takes my hand and leads me upstairs to the bathroom, as I remove my hand from Harry’s he grabs me by the waist closing the door behind him wasting no time in planting his lips hungrily on mine. “I actually need to pee” I laugh into Harry’s mouth before pushing him away, “fine, later” he says winking as he gives me one last quick kiss before leaving the bathroom. Just as the door closes I hear Gemma teasing Harry as he harshly tells her to shut up before walking down the creaky stairs with Gemma following I giggle as the sound becomes faint.

 “Dinner looks great!” I say as Anne places a bowl of Carbonara in front of me on the table. “Thank you sweetie” Anne smiles clearly pleased with her effort “So Beth, where are you from?” Robin asks before eating a forkful of pasta, “I’m from Australia but I moved to London a few weeks ago with my best friend” I reply as Harry places his hand on my thigh I glance at him but he keeps eating his dinner with a slight smirk on his face. “Oh what part of Australia? I remember when I went with Harry it was amazing, Melbourne was our favorite place though. I would love to go back there someday” Gemma says quickly with an excited grin on her face “Lucky for you that I’m from Melbourne then hey? You’ll have to come next time I go over” I smile as Gemma squeals, “Shut up Gemma you’re so loud tonight!” Harry scowls, “I’m excited Harry there’s nothing wrong with being excited.” The rest of dinner was spent with Harry’s family asking me questions and occasionally me returning questions, I was glad it was going well and wasn’t awkward like I thought it would be. After we all finished Anne suggested we play a game of scrabble before we head off. I could see Harry really just wanted to leave but he finally gave in to a quick game.

 We decided to finish the game when Gemma and Harry started arguing about what counted as a word and what didn’t. Harry and I said goodbye and thank you to his family before we left to go home. I had a wonderful night but I did just want to go home and sleep as I had to get up for work in the morning.

 “Thank you for bringing me tonight, I had a great time.” I say to Harry as he parks outside my apartment. “I’m glad, sorry about my sister she’s a bit…forward” we both laugh before hoping out of the car and making our way up to my apartment. “You look tired, do you want to stay here tonight?” I ask as I notice Harry’s eyes are slightly red, “Okay I can take you to work in the morning” he smiles as he takes a seat on the arm of the couch pulling me to stand between his legs I lean in and give him a quick kiss to his lips before making it quick into the kitchen to search for ice cream but before I can get to the fridge my arm is pulled making me spin around to find a very cheeky looking Harry walking me backwards towards the bench. “You know, you shouldn’t start things without finishing them” Harry smirks before lifting me up onto the bench to stand inbetween my legs, hungrily pressing his lips to mine. I wrap my arms around his neck pulling him closer, he trips on my shoes which had fallen off my feet and I can’t help but laugh against Harry’s mouth which he reacts by taking my bottom lip between his teeth with his eyebrows creased in a frown, eyes focused on mine before letting go of my lip and walking out of the kitchen.