EPISODE 1

A new season is about to start. Thousands of rappers who want to emerge as this season's winner are lining up for audition. They waved as a camera passed by overhead. They are a mix of people from the same country: of different age, gender, class. All gathered in one place to do one thing they love- rap.

Hiphop artists and rappers talked about what is hiphop, who are rappers, what the show is for them, and what it takes to win this competition.

At one side of the stadium's interior, a stage was set up. The host introduced the producers for this season in front of the audience of the first batch of auditionees. Smoke from the dry ice emerged on the stage as bass cracking music was played. The producers then came out one by one: San E and Verbal Jint... The Quiett and Dok2... Zico and Paloalto... Simon Dominic and Gray. The auditionees cheered on them and shouted their names. Being starstruck took over their nervousness but only for a while. The first step towards getting into the show starts immediately afterwards.

Among the auditionees, there are those that already stand out even before they take their turn for audition. They are those that are already known because they 1. are famous in the underground hip hop scene, 2. are veteran rappers from the 90's, 3. are idols, 4. are good looking, 5. are noisy, 6. are relatives with celebrities, 7. are those who joined SMTM before but never made it.

In the first category belongs Weenon, an infamous rapper who fills his rap with curses and likes to make diss tracks to every one he battles with. He gained a bad reputation but no one can't deny that he's one great rapper who just likes to pick a fight with everyone. During audition, it was Dok2 who judged him and passed

Another one is Pok Ssu. His freestyling has made him win a lot of freestyle rap contests in the underground. He passed as well under Paloalto's judgment.

In the second category belongs Hande who until now went into a 10 years hiatus. He was famous as the leader of a hiphop group back in 1996. His style is funky rap and it still caught the eye of Zico.

Another one is Dill, who after his group got disbanded because of alleged drug use in 2001 continued his life in Seattle and worked as a physics teacher there. He came back after 14 years to join SMTM5. The Quiett let him pass.

Out of the many who belong to the third category are Bin, Samji, Quad, and Luca. They are idol rappers except for Luca who is still a trainee under Queen Ent. set to debut with her group soon. She and Samji are those who passed among these four.

Another idol rapper is Wally, he is really funny even in his rap about earning money without doing anything. San E kept on laughing while he was judging him and passed him.

On the fourth category, comes the beautiful guys and cute girls who are being taken pictures of by passers by while lining up outside. Top three good looking guys (not including the idols) are Danny (a highschooler), Jung Hwa (an actor) and Jay (a national football player and a model)  On the other hand, the top three cute girls/ ladies are Sundee (a cosplay artist), Hyu Ra (a highschooler) and Jilla (a painter). Most people thought of them as just pretty faces and didn't expect much about their rap but for those who heard them during auditions was proved wrong. All these six people passed.

The fifth category is where Arki belongs. He's such a jovial character and he talks to everyone he meets. He's gained a lot of acquaintances while he waited for his turn. VJ judged him and he got amused with Arki's toothy smile even while he rapped. He passed.

Another guy is Tannis because while he's practicing his piece, he's so loud, distracting other rappers who are waiting as well. Simon D let him pass even though he was annoyed because he can't hear the rapper performing in front of him while he was nearing Tannis.

In the next category is Fred Jung, brother of a famous actor turned film director. He is also a director of animated films under Dreamworks. Another one is Tami, daughter of a famous singer and music producer. They were both passed by Gray.

The last category comes Sang Su (from SMTM 3 & 4), West (from SMTM 2) and Master (from SMTM 2 & 3). The three of them passed.

Now comes those who are unknown but eventually stood out after auditions.

Minthole. He works part time at a small diner and thinks that there is more to his life so he joined SMTM. His rap about injustices gained him a pass from Zico.
Coderay. He's a badass with his bragging rap of his riches which he truly has. 1llionaire The Quiett passed him.
Ro In. A bartender whose famous among the customers because she  raps while preparing their drinks. Her witty rap comparing different drinks to people amazed Paloalto and she passed.
Tania. She's clumsy and made VJ wait. Her turn was next and she was still tying her shoe laces without noticing that VJ was already waiting in front of her. She stood up immediately when she saw him and her eyeglasses fell on the floor; she picked it up before starting. She was so nervous while rapping about how bad she is at rapping but still was able to go through him.

The first part of auditions ended and 206 out of more than a thousand passed.