SIX: Purgatory

After that painful punch to the jaw, my senses went down. I passed out. As the darkness continued to fill my system, another dream started.

It was like the continuation of the terrible nightmare that I had before. I was inside the laboratory but this time, I was being carried by one of the nurses. I can hear myself crying as if I'm helpless. My tears also started to fall down from my eyes which I can't control. My hands are all over the place as I felt that I am not safe inside that facility.

The nurse then laid me down on an incubator-like bed. After being placed inside the machine, the glass that's supposed to be its cover patched up the hole and oxygen started to get pumped out of the tubes connected to the machine from the outside. I can see the head scientist from where I was. He seemed to be typing a very long code on the computer in front as his colleagues are checking loads of papers that they're holding. I felt like the frog in a dissection experiment which I saw on a sci-fi movie being shown somewhere I can't remember.

I can't hear their conversation clearly probably because of the glass cover of the incubator. I only hear muffled voices but I can feel from their tone that everything is not going the way it's supposed to be. They started panicking, especially the head scientist. He started bashing on the computer due to frustration.

After several moments, the surrounding started to become calmer again. They seemed to have found a way to get over the glitch that the computer did which caused them frustration earlier. I noticed that I'm not crying anymore. I was just a quiet creature in the incubator hoping that everyone will be good to me, feed me, take care of me, and love me. I didn't feel like an adult that time.

When everyone was finally relaxed, black air was released from the oxygen hoses. The peculiar gas smelled like a dumpster. It was fucking horrible. If I was an adult in that dream, I would have gone nuts and started shouting the f word at everyone for making me inhale that shit. But since that's not the case, I felt that I started crying helplessly while the doomsday scientists took a look at me as if I'm just a rat being forced to inhale the devil's fart. As minutes passed by, I started to go weaker. I noticed something different though. My small hands started to dissolve and blend with the darkness inside the incubator as the black gas fill it up. I was amazed even though I do that all the time today. I also realized that I was the baby in my previous dream. The dream wanted me to discover my true identity.

My abilities are not natural. I was a freaking lab experiment. Everyone around me was right, I am a freak. For so long, I wanted to live a normal life with a normal family, but I can't because of this curse that those scientists and whoever was funding them gave me. They ruined my fucking life. They killed my parents. I assume that they left me alone in that alley because I was a failed test subject. They left me for dead. If it wasn't for the homeless lade who found me, I would have been rat grub.

As all those things are revolving around my head as I continue to dream, I was forced awake by a sudden bang of excessive amount of water on my face. My eyes went wide open as I gasped for air after being suffocated by the filthy prison water they splashed on my face.

"The devil's finally awake. Hello, Luna. It's only been a few days since we sent you here, and yet, you managed to kill another person. You would have done that to me. Luckily, I was able to subdue you and send your ass down here in this fucking facility!" Griggs shouted trying to act tough around his men who are with us inside the interrogation room.

"Heh. It really was a good thing that you managed to subdue me. But that was after I broke your fucking face, right?" I told him. "Anyway, where's that fucking traitor?!"