Chapter 16

Allies POV:

"Bye mom, love you too"

I slouched down in my hospital bed and placed my phone on the nightstand next to me, exhaustion taking over.

Today had been a long day and already I was beginning to feel the effects of it wearing off on me.

I was both emotionally and physically drained and my head had started to throb half way through the phone call with my mom.

All I wanted to do was lie down and sleep so when Grace walked back in The room couldn't help but groan.

Her eyebrows knitted in concern and she hurried over to my side.

"You okay?" she asks me. "Is there anything I can do?"

Yes.

You can leave and let me sleep.

" No, I'm fine. My head's just starting to hurt that's all." I say.

" Oh, okay. I could tell the doctor to give you some more pain medicine to dull it...." she trails off uncertainly.

"Wha? Oh okay! Thanks!" I say, grateful for her.

"No problem! I'll be right outside the door if you need anything."

I nod in understanding, my eyes already flickering closed.

Graces POV:

I quickly and quietly slink out of the room, closing the door gently behind me.

"She okay?" A bright voice asks from right behind me.

"Jeez Niall! You scared me!" I exclaimed, whipping around to face him.

"Sorry" he says in a way that makes me believe that he's not really following the conversation.

I look over at him.

His eyebrows are scrunched up and he's biting his nails, something I've only seen him do once before.

It's obvious he's trying to hide something.

"She's fine. Just a little tired." I tell him.

" Tired? She just woke up! " he says.

" Yeah. She could barely talk when I came in. I guess since this is the day that she's actually been awake for more than a couple seconds her body isn't used to it. " I shrug, taking a seat next to Niall on the couch.

"Oh! Also, you left your phone in Allies room on the bedside table. I saw it lying there but didn't bother picking it up in case you came back when I was gone and didn't know where it was." I add, just remembering.

"Mmmm" He murmurs, his eyes glazed over.

Again, I glance Niall's way, worry starting to blossom deep in the pit of my stomach.

What was he thinking about?

He was so preoccupied by his own thoughts that he didn't even notice when I told him I was going to talk to the doctor and got up from my seat, walking away from him and trying to choke down my worry.

Nialls POV:

I watched out of the corner of my eyes as Grace scurried away.

The walk I had went on did clear my head, but there still were some questions floating around in my skull that couldn't be organized by a simple walk.

Questions that I couldn't even answer myself.

It was only when Grace disappeared around the corner that i realized that the rest of the boys weren't here.