Chapter 18

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
AUTHORS NOTE:
Morning update! 😊
I woke up in the middle of the night and couldn't sleep so I decided to make the best out of my time and write!
I hope you enjoy!
Alright, now back to the story! 😉
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Zayn's POV-
Frustration bubbled in my veins, threatening to spill over.

I clenched my hands into tight fists and bit hard on the inside of my gums.

Why was Niall acting like this?

Something was wrong, just like I had thought at the hospital.
Something had happened between the moment Niall saw Allie at the restaurant and now. Something big.

I cursed at myself mentally.

How could i have just left him?!

I should have followed him. I should have lied to him and said I would leave him when in reality; I should have tagged along with him and not left him alone.

Niall always had been the "baby" of the band- the most vulnerable and sensitive, it was complete idiocy to have just left him alone when it was obvious he was struggling with something.

Niall was terrible at lying and he wasn't great at hiding his feelings either.

It was obvious he was confused, it was written blatantly across his features.

"Niall, come on! Why can't you just tell us? You've never kept anything from us before! " I tried again.

"Yeah, listen man, just tell us what's going on and we could help ya." Liam says, chiming in.

Niall clenches his jaw and tightens his hands into fists.

"Nothing is wrong! I, I'm just tired. Why can't you all leave me alone?!" He snaps.

"Why cant you just tell us what's bothering you?!" I retort back.

"Nothing is bothering me, I told you I'm fine!" Niall insists.

"DAMMIT NIALL! STOP IT! I KNOW YOU THINK THAT YOU ARE BUT YOUR NOT FOOLING ANY OF US!" I scream, throwing my hands in the air.

I don't know why but my concern had morphed into something else, something venomous and viscous that is rising up in my chest like a snake about to strike.

"AND DON'T GIVE US THAT PATHETIC "IM NOT LYING" CRAP!" I add.

Niall glares at me and angrily turns away from us, striding over to the door.

"Where are you going?!" I ask.

Niall barely lifts his head before speaking.

"Somewhere, a place to think without you yelling at me."

No, for some reason, that's not a good enough answer.

"HA! I KNOW EXACTLY WHERE YOUR GOING! YOUR GOING BACK TO THE HOSPITAL AREN'T YOU?! YOUR GOING BACK TO SEE ALLIE?! DON'T EVEN TRY TO DENY IT!" I scream, putting the pieces together. "YOU FANCY HER! DON'T YOU?! DON'T YOU?!"

Behind me, Harry stands up.

"Zayn-" he warns me, but I don't listen.

I'm beyond caring.

" GO THAN! GO RUN TO SOME GIRL THAT YOU BARELY EVEN KNOW! RUN TO HER AND CRY ABOUT HOW BLOODY AWFUL THE REST OF US ARE! IN FACT, WE DON'T EVEN WANT YOU HERE ANYWAYS! WE'LL FIGURE OUT THE NEW ALBUM ALL ON OUR OWN!" I snap.

Niall tenses and I can tell I have struck a nerve.

For a moment, I almost regret what I have said and want to take it back.

But before I can even open my mouth; Niall strides out the door, slamming it behind him with a bang.

I don't go after him.

It will be the 2nd mistake I have made today.

Allies POV-
I am sitting in class.

Everyone behind me is listening intently, but I can't.

The words written on the board don't make sense to me.

Ugh.

I sigh and lean back in my seat, rubbing my temple.

"Allie?" The voice of the teacher startles me and I sit up fast, jerking my head.

"Huh?" I ask.

Snickers come from the back of the classroom and I blush, staring down at my hands embarrassed.

"What's the answer?" She asks me.

"I-" I stare at the board, trying to make sense of the sentences scrawled all across it in my teachers messy handwriting.

"Uh.... The answer is... Uh.."

Nothing.

I don't recognize anything remotely readable written on the board. Just a bunch of pointless letters jumbled together.

All of a sudden, standing out clear and bright against the rest of the words I see one.

"Niall" I breathe.

"What? What was that Miss. Zolkiewicz?"

"Niall" I say again, louder this time.

My teacher smiles, but... It's different. It doesn't fit her face at all. Actually, now that I watch; nothing about the lady standing at the head of the classroom resembles any of my teachers.

"You can't stop thinking about me, can you?" The words are deep and gentle; not at all like the squeaky, high pitched one of Mrs. Pipes.

"What?"

The stranger chuckles and walks towards me.

She leans in close to my face, placing her arms on both sides of my chair, trapping me.

As she leans closer to me I realize that she isn't even a she at all.

Ohmygod.

I know who this is. I've seen him.
I've seen him countless times before in my other dreams.
After dreaming about his face for the past 3 days, I've learned to memorize the familiar features that greet me now.

I recognize exactly who this is.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
AUTHORS NOTE:
Cliff hanger! (Kind of) 😝
I don't want to interfere with the atmosphere of the story so I'm gonna try to make this as short as possible.

I really liked this chapter just because it kind of shows the beginning of Allie and Nialls relationship.
They know that something's going on between each other but they don't want to admit it to themselves yet.
I dunno I just really like this chappy.

Vote and comment!

Love you all! 😘