2

ADELAIDE

After my meltdown, I headed to my first period class—History. I took my seat in class, and opened my sketch book, and began drawing. I was drawing a sunflower, when the bell rang. Closing my book, I watched as some kids strolled in late, taking seats on the opposite side of the room as me. Looking around, I notice that all of the seats around me are empty... oh.

Frowning, I opened my notebook, and started taking notes on what the teacher was saying. The loud opening of the door made me shoot my head up and look at whom or what was causing the noise.

"You must be Liam

"You must be Liam. Welcome to my class. I am Mr. Yukimura. Please, take a seat." Mr. Yukimura looked around to see all of the available seats were around me. I awkwardly smiled at the two, but let my gaze divert to the boy who fell through the door. He had brown hair, and bright blue eyes that are the opposite of my chocolate brown ones. His eyes lit up at the sight of me, and he smiled a bright cheeky smile. He almost tripped over his own two feet trying to get to the seat next to me; making me laugh a little. Laughing is something I have done very little of since Alli, so I was surprised this boy could make me laugh instantly.

The boy sat next to me, and kept his goofy smile. Mr. Yukimura started teaching again, so I started copying down notes, but the boy was still staring at me.

"You might want to open your notebook and actually take notes instead of staring at me." I chuckled.

He snapped out of his trance, and pulled out a notebook and started writing

About 20 minutes later, the bell rang signaling the end of first hour. I walked to my locker and grabbed my biology textbook. When I shut my locker, I turn around and smack someone in the face with my stuff, causing us both to fall to the ground; all of my art in my hands scattering the floor. I gasp before trying to scramble all of my work into my hands, making sure no one steps on anything. A spark runs through my body when I feel a hand touch mine. I look at the person who caused this spark—the cute boy from history.

"You always seem to be so clumsy around me." I laughed at the boy. He smiled back before sticking his hand out to me.

"Liam. Liam Dunbar." He said as I shook his hand.