11

Adelaide

I woke up in a bed, but it wasn't my own. I was wrapped in the sheets of Scott's bed, and he sat at the end of the bed listening to something.

"Scotty?" I asked him groggily. My voice startled him, and he jumped out of his thoughts, and looked at me with wide eyes.

He gasped. "You're alive."

"Of course I am, Scott." I replied dubfoundly.

Scott then went on to tell me that before he could get me to the hospital, I was practically dead. They took me to Deaton's and he apparently injected me with a syringe of medicine, but I can remember any of that.

"All I remember is what happened with Violet, and falling asleep in the car." I shrugged. Scott helped me get out of bed, but I fell back to the floor with a sudden pain in my back.

"Addie, whats wrong?" Scott asked me.

"I feel like I was just hit with a car." I replied. After getting back up and walking out the bedroom door, I doubled over in pain again, feeling a stabbing pain run throughout my body. The pain turned to numbness as I yet again blacked out.

-
I blacked out from lack of sleep, but quicken woke up to get ready for school. I looked in the mirror, and saw a mark across my neck where the wire was the other night. Makeup couldn't cover it as well as I thought, so I made sure I wore a turtle neck today.
-

I was in History class anxiously waiting for Liam to stumble through the door like he did on my first day back. I don't know why I'm so worried about this boy, but I just have a sudden need to protect him at all costs, even if it means putting myself in danger.

He never came.

I met up with Scott after class to find out where the hell Liam was. Mason said he ran away on their run, Scott said he wasn't answering, and he wasn't answering me. We asked coach if he saw him, but he didn't.

Suddenly, I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket, and the caller I.D. read Liam's name. My hands got even shakier than they already were, and I fumbled to answer the phone.

"Liam? Are you okay?" I panicked.

"Sounds like you already know the answers to those Adelaide." A voice sneered. I turned my face up in disgust, and crinkled my nose.

Garrett.

-

Throughout the rest of the day, my body felt like it was weighed down in water, and I couldn't swim. I found it very hard to breathe, and I had no clue why. I was currently sitting in Biology barely paying attention to the lesson. I was gasping for air, and I finally had enough.

"May I go to the nurse?" I fumbled on words as I asked my teacher. She nodded, and I grabbed my things and ran as fast as I could out the doors of the school and into the Stilinski home. I sent a quick text to Scott telling him I went home, and then I drifted off into sleep

-

Literally 10 minutes later, Scott called me.

"CAN'T I GET ONE PEACEFUL SLUMBER?!" I yelled at Scott.

"It's Liam. I know how to get to him, but I need you to come with me. Meet me at the sheriff's station in 10." Was all he said before hanging up. I sighed loudly before rolling out of bed, and getting on my bike to ride there.

I guess a girl just can't get a good slumber.

-

I followed Scott and his father as they walked through the police station, while Scott tried to convince his dad of not going in the van that Scott was going to attack.